Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Mitchell.
Our newspaper information for Mitchell is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
We don't know of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Mitchell. That said, we do have a list of papers that were published in the broader area surrounding Mitchell. Our list contains 51 papers that were published within 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> of Mitchell.
Newspapers Neighboring Mitchell ...
The following newspapers were published within 26 miles [41.8 km] of Mitchell.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Mitchell.
- Published In Ripley [Tippah County] ...
- Southern Sentinel (from 1879)
- The Enterprise (from 1910)
- The Ripley Advertiser (from 1843)
- The Ripley Broadaxe (from 1878)
- The Ripley Standard (from 1897)
- The Ripley Transcript (from 1837)
- Uncle Sam (from 1855)
- Published In Blue Mountain [Tippah County] ...
- The New Standard (from 1901)
- Published In Booneville [Prentiss County] ...
- Prentiss County Home News (from 1976)
- Prentiss Pleader (from 1876)
- The Banner Independent (from 1957)
- The Booneville Banner (from 1898)
- The Booneville Builder (from 1959)
- The Booneville Independent (from 1923)
- The Prentiss Plaindealer (from 1885)
- The Prentiss Recorder (from 1870)
- Published In Baldwyn [Lee County] ...
- Baldwyn Home Journal (from 1904)
- The Baldwyn News (from 196?)
- The Baldwyn News (from 1956)
- The Baldwyn Weekly News (from 1955)
- The Baldwyn Weekly News (from 1958)
- The Weekly News (from 19??)
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Published In New Albany [Union County] ...
- New Albany Times (from 1931)
- New Albany Union (from 1871)
- The Community Citizen (from 19??)
- The New Albany Gazette (from 1890)
- Union County Times (from 19??)
- Union Weekly Times (from 1922)
- Published In Ashland [Benton County] ...
- Benton County Argus (from 1872)
- Southern Advocate (from 1905)
- The Ashland Chronicle (from 1887)
- The Ashland Register (from 1879)
- The Ashland Register (from 1889)
- Published In Jacinto [Alcorn County] ...
- North Mississippi Union (from 18??)
- Tishomingo Democrat (from 1849)
- Tishomingo Patriot (from 1860)
- Published In Corinth [Alcorn County] ...
- Corinth Chanticleer (from 1863)
- Corinth Herald (from 1879)
- Progressive Mississippian (from 1913)
- The Alcorn Democrat (from 1897)
- The Corinth News (from 1866)
- The Corinth War Eagle (from 1862)
- The Corinth Weekly Herald (from 1907)
- The Corinth Weekly News (from 18??)
- The Daily Corinthian (from 1895)
- The New Era (from 1869)
- The Sub-Soiler And Democrat (from 1875)
- The Sub-Soiler (from 1873)
- The Weekly Corinthian (from 1894)
- Published In Middleton [Hardeman County] ...
- The Hardeman County Leader (from 1992)
- Published In Ecru [Pontotoc County] ...
- The Ecru Echo (from 1915)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Mississippi
About Tippah County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Mitchell. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Mitchell) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mitchell. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.7095, Longitude: -88.8431 In this case, the coordinates for Mitchell have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).