When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Mississippi City.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Mississippi City. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Mississippi City.
Large Airports ...
- New Orleans Intl. (MSY/KMSY)
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Gulfport - Biloxi Intl. (GPT/KGPT)
- Mobile Rgnl. (MOB/KMOB)
- Mobile Downtown Airport (ICAO: KBFM)
- Hattiesburg Muni. (HBG/KHBG)
- Hattiesburg - Laurel Rgnl. (PIB/KPIB)
- New Orleans Intl.
- New Orleans International Airport lies 77 miles [123.9 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Mississippi City.
- Official website: www.flymsy.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Orleans International Airport
General Aviation Airports ...
- Stennis Intl. (ICAO: KHSA)
- Trent Lott Intl. (ICAO: KPQL)
- Dean Griffin Meml. (FAA ID: M24)
- Dean Griffin Memorial Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Mississippi City.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dean Griffin Memorial Airport
- Picayune Muni. (FAA ID: MJD)
- Picayune Municipal Airport lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Mississippi City.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Picayune Municipal Airport
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Poplarville Airport (FAA ID: M13)
- Poplarville - Pearl River County Airport lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Mississippi City.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poplarville - Pearl River County Airport
- St. Elmo Airport (FAA ID: 2R5)
- Saint Elmo Airport lies 46 miles [74 km]<2> miles to the east of Mississippi City.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Elmo Airport
- Slidell Airport (ICAO: KASD)
- I. H. Bass Jr. Meml. (FAA ID: 4R1)
- I. H. Bass Junior. Memorial Airport lies 50 miles [80.5 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Mississippi City.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on I. H. Bass Junior. Memorial Airport
- Dauphin Island Airport (FAA ID: 4R9)
- Dauphin Island Airport lies 55 miles [88.5 km]<2> miles to the east of Mississippi City.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dauphin Island Airport
- St. Tammany Rgnl. (FAA ID: L31)
- Saint Tammany Regional Airport lies 56 miles [90.1 km]<2> miles to the west of Mississippi City.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Tammany Regional Airport
- George R. Carr Meml. Air Fld. (FAA ID: BXA)
- George R. Carr Memorial Air Field lies 57 miles [91.7 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Mississippi City.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on George R. Carr Memorial Air Field
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Mississippi
About Harrison County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Mississippi City. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Harrison County: www.co.harrison.ms.us/
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Mississippi City), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Mississippi City) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Mississippi City. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Mississippi City
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mississippi City. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 30.3819, Longitude: -89.0439 In this case, the coordinates for Mississippi City have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).