When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Cherry Creek.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Cherry Creek. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Cherry Creek.
Large Airports ...
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Nashville Intl. (BNA/KBNA)
- Little Rock National Airport (LIT/KLIT)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Tunica Muni. (ICAO: KUTA)
- Northwest Alabama Rgnl. (MSL/KMSL)
- Tuscaloosa Rgnl. (TCL/KTCL)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Pontotoc Co. Airport (FAA ID: 22M)
- Pontotoc County Airport lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Cherry Creek.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pontotoc County Airport
- New Albany - Union Co. Airport (FAA ID: M72)
- New Albany - Union County Airport lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> miles to the north of Cherry Creek.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Albany - Union County Airport
- Tupelo Rgnl. (TUP/KTUP)
- C. D. Lemons Muni.
- C. D. Lemons Municipal Airport lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Cherry Creek.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on C. D. Lemons Municipal Airport
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Booneville - Baldwyn Airport (FAA ID: 8M1)
- Booneville - Baldwyn Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Cherry Creek.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Booneville - Baldwyn Airport
- Ripley Airport (FAA ID: 25M)
- Ripley Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the north of Cherry Creek.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ripley Airport
- Okolona Muni. (FAA ID: 5A4)
- Okolona Municipal Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Cherry Creek.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Okolona Municipal Airport
- Houston Muni. (FAA ID: M44)
- Houston Municipal Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the south of Cherry Creek.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Houston Municipal Airport
- University - Oxford Airport (ICAO: KUOX)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Mississippi
About Pontotoc County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Cherry Creek. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Cherry Creek), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Cherry Creek) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cherry Creek. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.3507, Longitude: -88.9876 In this case, the coordinates for Cherry Creek have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).