When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Camerons Ferry.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Camerons Ferry. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Camerons Ferry.
Large Airports ...
- New Orleans Intl. (MSY/KMSY)
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- Little Rock National Airport (LIT/KLIT)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Hattiesburg Muni. (HBG/KHBG)
- Hattiesburg - Laurel Rgnl. (PIB/KPIB)
- Gulfport - Biloxi Intl. (GPT/KGPT)
- New Orleans Intl.
- New Orleans International Airport lies 72 miles [115.9 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Camerons Ferry.
- Official website: www.flymsy.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Orleans International Airport
- Baton Rouge Metro Airport (BTR/KBTR)
- Mobile Rgnl. (MOB/KMOB)
General Aviation Airports ...
- George R. Carr Meml. Air Fld. (FAA ID: BXA)
- George R. Carr Memorial Air Field lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Camerons Ferry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on George R. Carr Memorial Air Field
- I. H. Bass Jr. Meml. (FAA ID: 4R1)
- I. H. Bass Junior. Memorial Airport lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Camerons Ferry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on I. H. Bass Junior. Memorial Airport
- Poplarville Airport (FAA ID: M13)
- Poplarville - Pearl River County Airport lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Camerons Ferry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poplarville - Pearl River County Airport
- Columbia - Marion Co. Airport (FAA ID: 0R0)
- Columbia - Marion County Airport lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> miles to the north of Camerons Ferry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Columbia - Marion County Airport
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Paul Pittman Meml. (FAA ID: T36)
- Paul Pittman Memorial Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Camerons Ferry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paul Pittman Memorial Airport
- Picayune Muni. (FAA ID: MJD)
- Picayune Municipal Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the south of Camerons Ferry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Picayune Municipal Airport
- Dean Griffin Meml. (FAA ID: M24)
- Dean Griffin Memorial Airport lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Camerons Ferry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dean Griffin Memorial Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Mississippi
About Pearl River County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Camerons Ferry. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Pearl River County: www.pearlrivercounty.net/
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Camerons Ferry), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Camerons Ferry) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Camerons Ferry. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 30.9516, Longitude: -89.7509 In this case, the coordinates for Camerons Ferry have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).