When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Calvary.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Calvary. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Calvary.
Large Airports ...
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- Little Rock National Airport (LIT/KLIT)
- New Orleans Intl. (MSY/KMSY)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Jackson - Evers Intl. (JAN/KJAN)
- Tuscaloosa Rgnl. (TCL/KTCL)
- Greenville Intl.
- Greenville International Airport lies 110 miles [177 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Calvary.
- Official website: https://www.gspairport.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenville International Airport
- Mid Delta Rgnl. (GLH/KGLH)
- Hattiesburg - Laurel Rgnl. (PIB/KPIB)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Louisville Winston Co. Airport (ICAO: KLMS)
- Ackerman - Choctaw Co. Airport (FAA ID: 9M4)
- Ackerman - Choctaw County Airport lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Calvary.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ackerman - Choctaw County Airport
- Philadelphia Muni. (FAA ID: MPE)
- Philadelphia Municipal Airport lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> miles to the south of Calvary.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Philadelphia Municipal Airport
- Kosciusko - Attala Co. Airport (FAA ID: OSX)
- Kosciusko - Attala County Airport lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> miles to the west of Calvary.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kosciusko - Attala County Airport
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- George M. Bryan Airport (FAA ID: STF)
- George M. Bryan Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Calvary.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on George M. Bryan Airport
- Carthage - Leake Co. Airport (FAA ID: 08M)
- Carthage - Leake County Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Calvary.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carthage - Leake County Airport
- Eupora Airport (FAA ID: 06M)
- Eupora Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Calvary.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eupora Airport
- Macon Muni. (FAA ID: 20M)
- Macon Municipal Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the east of Calvary.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Macon Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Mississippi
About Winston County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Calvary. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Calvary), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Calvary) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Calvary. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.0890, Longitude: -89.1265 In this case, the coordinates for Calvary have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).