Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Burt.
Our newspaper information for Burt is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
We don't know of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Burt. That said, we do have a list of papers that were published in the broader area surrounding Burt. Our list contains 54 papers that were published within 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> of Burt.
To keep this list from growing too long, not all of the papers have been listed. We have another list where all the papers have been listed in alphabetical order. The complete list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Burt.
Newspapers Neighboring Burt ...
The following newspapers were published within 24 miles [38.6 km] of Burt.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Burt.
- Published In Oxford [Lafayette County] ...
- Lafayette County News (from 1899)
- Lafayette County News (from 1959)
- Lafayette County Press (from 1906)
- Oxford Eagle (from 1876)
- Oxford Sun (from 1881)
- Oxford Weekly Ricochet (from 1874)
- Random Shot (from 1876)
- The first year of publication was in 1876, with an unknown end date
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 17347302
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for the Random Shot
- Holdings for: LCCN SN88067095
- The Constitution (from 1851)
- The Democratic Flag (from 1852)
- The Independent (from 1914)
- The Lafayette Post (from 1937)
- The Organizer (from 1845)
- The Oxford Falcon (from 1865)
- The Oxford Globe (from 1889)
- The Oxford Intelligencer (from 1860)
- The Oxford Mercury (from 1857)
- The Oxford Observer (from 1843)
- The Oxford Signal (from 1856)
- The Oxford Times (from 1985)
- The Star Of The Union (from 1850)
- Published In New Albany [Union County] ...
- New Albany Times (from 1931)
- New Albany Union (from 1871)
- The Community Citizen (from 19??)
- The New Albany Gazette (from 1890)
- Union County Times (from 19??)
- Union Weekly Times (from 1922)
- Published In Ecru [Pontotoc County] ...
- The Ecru Echo (from 1915)
- Published In Holly Springs [Marshall County] ...
- We know of 32 newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Holly Springs. The list of those papers is too long to repeat here, but can be found on the Local Newspaper Page for Holly Springs
- We have an extended list that contains all the papers within 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> of Burt. This extended list includes all the papers from Holly Springs. The list is sorted by the paper's name. This merged list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Burt
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Published In Blue Mountain [Tippah County] ...
- The New Standard (from 1901)
- Published In Ashland [Benton County] ...
- Benton County Argus (from 1872)
- Southern Advocate (from 1905)
- The Ashland Chronicle (from 1887)
- The Ashland Register (from 1879)
- The Ashland Register (from 1889)
- Published In Pontotoc [Pontotoc County] ...
- Mississippi Intelligencer And General Advertiser For The New Counties (from 1838)
- Mississippi Intelligencer (from 1840)
- Pontotoc Intelligencer (from 187?)
- The Advance (from 19??)
- The Chickasaw Union (from 1836)
- The Examiner (from 1853)
- The People's Banner (from 1892)
- The Pontotoc Democrat (from 1887)
- The Pontotoc Democrat (from 18??)
- The Pontotoc Observer (from 188?)
- The Pontotoc Progress (from 1929)
- The Pontotoc Sentinel
- The Pontotoc Sentinel (from 1894)
- The Sentinel (from 1910)
- The Spirit Of The Times (from 1841)
- The Weekly Folio (from 1876)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Mississippi
About Lafayette County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Burt. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Burt) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Burt. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.4957, Longitude: -89.3334 In this case, the coordinates for Burt have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).