When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Boon.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Boon. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Boon.
Large Airports ...
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- Little Rock National Airport (LIT/KLIT)
- New Orleans Intl. (MSY/KMSY)
- Nashville Intl. (BNA/KBNA)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Tuscaloosa Rgnl. (TCL/KTCL)
- Jackson - Evers Intl. (JAN/KJAN)
- Hattiesburg - Laurel Rgnl. (PIB/KPIB)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Louisville Winston Co. Airport (ICAO: KLMS)
- Ackerman - Choctaw Co. Airport (FAA ID: 9M4)
- Ackerman - Choctaw County Airport lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Boon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ackerman - Choctaw County Airport
- Philadelphia Muni. (FAA ID: MPE)
- Philadelphia Municipal Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Boon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Philadelphia Municipal Airport
- George M. Bryan Airport (FAA ID: STF)
- George M. Bryan Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Boon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on George M. Bryan Airport
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Macon Muni. (FAA ID: 20M)
- Macon Municipal Airport lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> miles to the east of Boon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Macon Municipal Airport
- Golden Triangle Rgnl. (ICAO: KGTR)
- Kosciusko - Attala Co. Airport (FAA ID: OSX)
- Kosciusko - Attala County Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the west of Boon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kosciusko - Attala County Airport
- Eupora Airport (FAA ID: 06M)
- Eupora Airport lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Boon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eupora Airport
- Union Muni. (FAA ID: 3MS9)
- Union Municipal Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Boon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Union Municipal Airport
- McCharen Fld. (FAA ID: M83)
- McCharen Field lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Boon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McCharen Field
- Carthage - Leake Co. Airport (FAA ID: 08M)
- Carthage - Leake County Airport lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Boon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carthage - Leake County Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Mississippi
About Winston County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Boon. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Boon), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Boon) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Boon. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.1007, Longitude: -88.9564 In this case, the coordinates for Boon have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).