When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Bogue Chitto.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Bogue Chitto. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Bogue Chitto.
Large Airports ...
- New Orleans Intl. (MSY/KMSY)
- Little Rock National Airport (LIT/KLIT)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Jackson - Evers Intl. (JAN/KJAN)
- Hattiesburg - Laurel Rgnl. (PIB/KPIB)
- Hattiesburg Muni. (HBG/KHBG)
- Baton Rouge Metro Airport (BTR/KBTR)
- New Orleans Intl.
- New Orleans International Airport lies 100 miles [160.9 km]<2> miles to the south of Bogue Chitto.
- Official website: www.flymsy.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Orleans International Airport
- Gulfport - Biloxi Intl. (GPT/KGPT)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Brookhaven Airport (FAA ID: 1R7)
- Brookhaven - Lincoln County Airport lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Bogue Chitto.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brookhaven - Lincoln County Airport
- McComb / Pike Co. Airport (MCB/KMCB)
- Paul Pittman Meml. (FAA ID: T36)
- Paul Pittman Memorial Airport lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Bogue Chitto.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paul Pittman Memorial Airport
- Copiah Co. Airport (FAA ID: M11)
- Copiah County Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the north of Bogue Chitto.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Copiah County Airport
- Jefferson Davis Co. Airport (FAA ID: M43)
- Prentiss - Jefferson Davis County Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Bogue Chitto.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Prentiss - Jefferson Davis County Airport
- Crosby Muni. (FAA ID: C71)
- Crosby Municipal Airport lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Bogue Chitto.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crosby Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Mississippi
About Lincoln County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bogue Chitto. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Bogue Chitto), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Bogue Chitto) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bogue Chitto. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 31.4388, Longitude: -90.4523 In this case, the coordinates for Bogue Chitto have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).