When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Boggan Bend.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Boggan Bend. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Boggan Bend.
Large Airports ...
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Nashville Intl. (BNA/KBNA)
- Little Rock National Airport (LIT/KLIT)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Northwest Alabama Rgnl. (MSL/KMSL)
- Tunica Muni. (ICAO: KUTA)
- Tuscaloosa Rgnl. (TCL/KTCL)
- Huntsville Intl. (HSV/KHSV)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Booneville - Baldwyn Airport (FAA ID: 8M1)
- Booneville - Baldwyn Airport lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Boggan Bend.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Booneville - Baldwyn Airport
- Tupelo Rgnl. (TUP/KTUP)
- C. D. Lemons Muni.
- C. D. Lemons Municipal Airport lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> miles to the south of Boggan Bend.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on C. D. Lemons Municipal Airport
- New Albany - Union Co. Airport (FAA ID: M72)
- New Albany - Union County Airport lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Boggan Bend.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Albany - Union County Airport
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Pontotoc Co. Airport (FAA ID: 22M)
- Pontotoc County Airport lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Boggan Bend.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pontotoc County Airport
- Fulton - Itawamba Co. Airport (FAA ID: 11M)
- Fulton - Itawamba County Airport lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Boggan Bend.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fulton - Itawamba County Airport
- Ripley Airport (FAA ID: 25M)
- Ripley Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Boggan Bend.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ripley Airport
- Okolona Muni. (FAA ID: 5A4)
- Okolona Municipal Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the south of Boggan Bend.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Okolona Municipal Airport
- Tishomingo Co. Airport (FAA ID: 01M)
- Tishomingo County Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the east of Boggan Bend.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tishomingo County Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Mississippi
About Lee County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Boggan Bend. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Boggan Bend), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Boggan Bend) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Boggan Bend. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Boggan Bend
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Boggan Bend. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.4511, Longitude: -88.7546