When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Wintersville.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Wintersville. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Wintersville.
Large Airports ...
- Des Moines Intl. (DSM/KDSM)
- Kansas City Intl. (MCI/KMCI)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Kirksville Rgnl. (IRK/KIRK)
- Charles B. Wheeler Airport (MKC/KMKC)
- Quincy Rgnl. (UIN/KUIN)
- Columbia Rgnl. (COU/KCOU)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Trenton Muni. (FAA ID: TRX)
- Trenton Municipal Airport lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Wintersville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Trenton Municipal Airport
- Unionville Muni. (FAA ID: K43)
- Unionville Municipal Airport lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Wintersville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Unionville Municipal Airport
- Chillicothe Muni. (ICAO: KCHT)
- Centerville Muni. (ICAO: KTVK)
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- North Central Missouri Rgnl. (FAA ID: MO8)
- North Central Missouri Regional Airport lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Wintersville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Central Missouri Regional Airport
- Lamoni Muni. (ICAO: KLWD)
- Queen City Muni.
- Queen City Municipal Airport lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Wintersville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Queen City Municipal Airport
- Schuyler County Lndg. Strip
- Schuyler County Landing Strip lies 41 miles [66 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Wintersville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Schuyler County Landing Strip
- Marceline Muni.
- Marceline Municipal Airport lies 42 miles [67.6 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Wintersville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marceline Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Missouri
About Sullivan County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Wintersville. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Missouri: https://www.mo.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Wintersville), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Wintersville) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Wintersville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.2683, Longitude: -93.3269 In this case, the coordinates for Wintersville have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).