When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Winnipeg.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Winnipeg. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Winnipeg.
Large Airports ...
- Lambert - St. Louis Intl. (STL/KSTL)
- Kansas City Intl. (MCI/KMCI)
- Little Rock National Airport (LIT/KLIT)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- Tulsa Intl. (TUL/KTUL)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Waynesville - St. Robert Rgnl. (TBN/KTBN)
- Springfield Airport (SGF/KSGF)
- Columbia Rgnl. (COU/KCOU)
- Branson Meml. (ICAO: KBBG)
- Boone Co. Airport (HRO/KHRO)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Richland Muni. (FAA ID: MO1)
- Richland Municipal Airport lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Winnipeg.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Richland Municipal Airport
- Floyd W. Jones Lebanon Airport (FAA ID: LBO)
- Floyd W. Jones Lebanon Airport lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> miles to the west of Winnipeg.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Floyd W. Jones Lebanon Airport
- Houston Meml. (FAA ID: M48)
- Houston Memorial Airport lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Winnipeg.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Houston Memorial Airport
- Mountain Grove Meml. (FAA ID: 1MO)
- Mountain Grove Memorial Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the south of Winnipeg.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mountain Grove Memorial Airport
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Camdenton Meml. (FAA ID: H21)
- Camdenton Memorial Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Winnipeg.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Camdenton Memorial Airport
- Cabool Meml. (FAA ID: TVB)
- Cabool Memorial Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Winnipeg.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cabool Memorial Airport
- Lee C. Fine Meml. (ICAO: KAIZ)
- Mansfield Muni. (FAA ID: 03B)
- Mansfield Municipal Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Winnipeg.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mansfield Municipal Airport
- Salem Meml. (FAA ID: K33)
- Salem Memorial Airport lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the east of Winnipeg.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Salem Memorial Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Missouri Community
About Laclede County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Winnipeg. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Laclede County: www.laclede.county.missouri.org/
The official website for State of Missouri: https://www.mo.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Winnipeg), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Winnipeg) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Winnipeg. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.6045, Longitude: -92.3021 In this case, the coordinates for Winnipeg have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).