When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Windyville.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Windyville. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Windyville.
Large Airports ...
- Kansas City Intl. (MCI/KMCI)
- Lambert - St. Louis Intl. (STL/KSTL)
- Tulsa Intl. (TUL/KTUL)
- Little Rock National Airport (LIT/KLIT)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- Wichita Mid-Continent Airport (ICT/KICT)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Springfield Airport (SGF/KSGF)
- Waynesville - St. Robert Rgnl. (TBN/KTBN)
- Branson Meml. (ICAO: KBBG)
- Columbia Rgnl. (COU/KCOU)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Buffalo Muni. (FAA ID: H17)
- Buffalo Municipal Airport lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Windyville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Buffalo Municipal Airport
- Floyd W. Jones Lebanon Airport (FAA ID: LBO)
- Floyd W. Jones Lebanon Airport lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Windyville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Floyd W. Jones Lebanon Airport
- Camdenton Meml. (FAA ID: H21)
- Camdenton Memorial Airport lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Windyville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Camdenton Memorial Airport
- Bolivar Muni. (FAA ID: M17)
- Bolivar Municipal Airport lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Windyville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bolivar Municipal Airport
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Richland Muni. (FAA ID: MO1)
- Richland Municipal Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Windyville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Richland Municipal Airport
- Osage Bch. Airport (FAA ID: K15)
- Grand Glaize - Osage Beach Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Windyville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grand Glaize - Osage Beach Airport
- Lee C. Fine Meml. (ICAO: KAIZ)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Missouri
About Dallas County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Windyville. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Missouri: https://www.mo.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Windyville), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Windyville) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Windyville. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Windyville
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Windyville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.7067, Longitude: -92.9271 In this case, the coordinates for Windyville have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).