Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Whitewater.
Our newspaper information for Whitewater is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
We don't know of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Whitewater. That said, we do have a list of papers that were published in the broader area surrounding Whitewater. Our list contains 57 papers that were published within 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> of Whitewater.
To keep this list from growing too long, not all of the papers have been listed. We have another list where all the papers have been listed in alphabetical order. The complete list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Whitewater.
Newspapers Neighboring Whitewater ...
The following newspapers were published within 24 miles [38.6 km] of Whitewater.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Whitewater.
- Published In Chaffee [Scott County] ...
- North Scott County News (from 1989)
- Scott County News (from 1993)
- Scott County Signal (from 1993)
- The Chaffee Signal (from 1910)
- The Signal And North Scott County News (from 1967)
- Published In Lutesville [Bollinger County] ...
- Missouri Herald (from 1872)
- The Lutesville Banner (from 1891)
- Published In Advance [Stoddard County] ...
- Advance Advertiser (from 1965)
- Advance New Era (from 1911)
- Advance Statesman (from 1989)
- The Advance Advocate (from 1950)
- The Advance Guard (from 1902)
- The Advance News (from 1969)
- Published In Marble Hill [Bollinger County] ...
- Bollinger County Times (from 1896)
- Marble Hill Press (from 1881)
- Marble Hill Press (from 1881)
- The Banner-Press (from 1923)
- The Bollinger County Standard (from 1868)
- Weekly Herald (from 1872)
- Continue List (8 more) ...
- Published In Jackson [Cape Girardeau County] ...
- Cape County Post (from 1918)
- Deutscher Volksfreund (from 1886)
- Independent Patriot (from 1820)
- Jackson Courier (from 1853)
- Jackson Eagle (from 183?)
- Jackson Mercury And Cape Girardeau Farmer (from 1828)
- Jackson Post & Cash-book (from 1965)
- Southern Advocate (from 1838)
- Southern Democrat (from 1850)
- The Cash-book Journal (from 1977)
- The Jackson Herald (from 1897)
- The Jackson Items (from 1910)
- The Jackson Journal (from 1964)
- The Jackson Pioneer (from 1962)
- The Jeffersonian (from 1852)
- The Missouri Cash-book (from 1871)
- The Review (from 1845)
- The Southern Missouri Advocate (from 1838)
- Published In Oran [Scott County] ...
- Oran News (from 1949)
- The Oran Leader (from 1910)
- Published In Cape Girardeau [Cape Girardeau County] ...
- We know of 46 newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Cape Girardeau. The list of those papers is too long to repeat here, but can be found on the Local Newspaper Page for Cape Girardeau
- We have an extended list that contains all the papers within 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> of Whitewater. This extended list includes all the papers from Cape Girardeau. The list is sorted by the paper's name. This merged list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Whitewater
- Published In Illmo [Scott County] ...
- The Illmo Jimplicute (from 1914)
- The Jimplicute (from 1917)
- Published In Benton [Scott County] ...
- Scott County Kicker (from 1901)
- The Benton Record (from 1879)
- The News Boy (from 1888)
- Published In Morley [Scott County] ...
- Scott County Banner (from 1911)
- The Morley Advance (from 1872)
- The Transcript (from 1872)
- Published In Commerce [Scott County] ...
- Commerce Dispatch (from 1869)
- The Dispatch (from 1867)
- Published In Marquand [Madison County] ...
- The Marquand Echo (from 1887)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Missouri
About Cape Girardeau County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Whitewater. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Missouri: https://www.mo.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Whitewater) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Whitewater. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Whitewater
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Whitewater. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.2367, Longitude: -89.7978 In this case, the coordinates for Whitewater have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).