Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Washington.
Our newspaper information for Washington is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
The following list contains the names of 9 papers that were published in the immediate area of Washington. In addition, the list contains another 43 papers that were published in the broader area that surrounded Washington. In total, we've identified 52 papers within 23 miles [37 km]<1> of Washington.
Newspapers Published In Washington ...
We know of 9 newspapers that have been published in the immediate area of Washington:
- Deutsche Welt (from 1889)
- Die Washingtoner Post (from 1869)
- Franklin County Gazette (from 1860)
- The Buyer's Guide (from 1932)
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- The Franklin County Observer (from 1861)
- The Washington Citizen (from 1905)
- Washington Journal (from 1892)
- Washington Missourian (from 1926)
- Washington Republican (from 1888)
Newspapers Neighboring Washington ...
The following newspapers were published within 23 miles [37 km]<1> of Washington.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Washington.
- Published In Marthasville [Warren County] ...
- Marthasville News (from 1896)
- The Marthasville Record (from 1898)
- Published In Union [Franklin County] ...
- Franklin County Progress (from 1865)
- Franklin County Record (from 1874)
- Franklin County Tribune (from 1896)
- Franklin County Tribune (from 1937)
- Republican Headlight (from 1904)
- Republican Tribune (from 1919)
- The Tribune (from 1887)
- The Union Appeal (from 1865)
- The Union Clarion (from 1872)
- Tribune-Republican (from 1890)
- Union Record (from 1887)
- Published In New Haven [Franklin County] ...
- Christian News (from 1968)
- Lutheran News (from 1962)
- New Haven Notes (from 1885)
- The New Haven Leader (from 1895)
- Published In Pacific [Franklin County] ...
- Meramec Valley Transcript (from 1933)
- Pacific City Herald (from 1880)
- Pacific Transcript (from 1891)
- The Pacific Plowman (from 1930)
- The Pacific Transcript (from 1932)
- The Plowman-Transcript (from 1931)
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Published In Saint Clair [Franklin County] ...
- Ozark News (from 1940)
- The St. Clair Chronicle (from 1924)
- Published In Wright City [Warren County] ...
- Tri-County News (from 1936)
- Wright City News (from 1904)
- Published In Gerald [Franklin County] ...
- Gerald Star News (from 1971)
- Gerald Star (from 1974)
- Gerald Star (from 1966)
- Gerald Watchman Star (from 1985)
- The Gerald Journal (from 1916)
- Published In Lake Saint Louis [Saint Charles County] ...
- Lake Saint Louis News (from 1970)
- Lake Tide Press : News Of Lake Saint Louis (from 1974)
- Lakeshore Times (from 1988)
- The Times (from 1989)
- Published In O'Fallon [Saint Charles County] ...
- Katholischer Hausfreund (from 1883)
- O'Fallon Hausfreund (from 189?)
- O'Fallon St. Peters St. Charles Times (from 1977)
- O'Fallon Times (from 1970)
- O'Fallon, Mo Community News (from 1951)
- O'Fallon-St. Peters Times (from 1973)
- Published In Ellisville [Saint Louis County] ...
- Community Press (from 1935)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Missouri
About Franklin County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
The official website for Washington: www.ci.washington.mo.us/
The official website for Franklin County: www.franklinmo.org/
The official website for State of Missouri: https://www.mo.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Washington) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Washington. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Washington
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Washington. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.5572, Longitude: -91.0124