When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Wardsville.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Wardsville. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Wardsville.
Large Airports ...
- Lambert - St. Louis Intl. (STL/KSTL)
- Kansas City Intl. (MCI/KMCI)
- Des Moines Intl. (DSM/KDSM)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Columbia Rgnl. (COU/KCOU)
- Waynesville - St. Robert Rgnl. (TBN/KTBN)
- Spirit of St. Louis Airport (SUS/KSUS)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Jefferson City Meml. (ICAO: KJEF)
- Linn State Technical College (FAA ID: 1H3)
- Linn State Technical College Airport lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> miles to the east of Wardsville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Linn State Technical College Airport
- Eldon Model Airpark (FAA ID: H79)
- Eldon Model Airpark lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Wardsville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eldon Model Airpark
- Elton Hensley Meml. (FAA ID: FTT)
- Elton Hensley Memorial Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Wardsville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elton Hensley Memorial Airport
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Fulton Muni.
- Fulton Municipal Airport lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Wardsville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fulton Municipal Airport
- Lee C. Fine Meml. (ICAO: KAIZ)
- Rolla National Airport (RLA/KVIH)
- Osage Bch. Airport (FAA ID: K15)
- Grand Glaize - Osage Beach Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Wardsville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grand Glaize - Osage Beach Airport
- Roy Otten Meml. Airfield (FAA ID: 3VS)
- Roy Otten Memorial Airfield lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the west of Wardsville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roy Otten Memorial Airfield
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Missouri
About Cole County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Wardsville. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Cole County: www.colecounty.org/
The official website for State of Missouri: https://www.mo.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Wardsville), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Wardsville) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Wardsville. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Wardsville
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Wardsville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.4883, Longitude: -92.1789 In this case, the coordinates for Wardsville have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).