When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Wanda.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Wanda. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Wanda.
Large Airports ...
- Tulsa Intl. (TUL/KTUL)
- Kansas City Intl. (MCI/KMCI)
- Little Rock National Airport (LIT/KLIT)
- Wichita Mid-Continent Airport (ICT/KICT)
- Will Rogers World Airport (OKC/KOKC)
- Lambert - St. Louis Intl. (STL/KSTL)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Joplin Rgnl. (JLN/KJLN)
- Northwest Arkansas Rgnl. (ICAO: KXNA)
- Springfield Airport (SGF/KSGF)
- Branson Meml. (ICAO: KBBG)
- Boone Co. Airport (HRO/KHRO)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Neosho Hugh Robinson Airport (FAA ID: EOS)
- Neosho Hugh Robinson Airport lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> miles to the west of Wanda.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Neosho Hugh Robinson Airport
- Monett Muni. (ICAO: KHFJ)
- Cassville Muni. (FAA ID: 94K)
- Cassville Municipal Airport lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Wanda.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cassville Municipal Airport
- Myers Park Meml. Muni.
- Myers Park Memorial Municipal Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Wanda.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Myers Park Memorial Municipal Airport
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Mount Vernon Muni. (FAA ID: 2MO)
- Mount Vernon Municipal Airport lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Wanda.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mount Vernon Municipal Airport
- Aurora Meml. Muni.
- Aurora Memorial Municipal Airport lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Wanda.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aurora Memorial Municipal Airport
- Jerry Sumners Sr. Aurora Muni. (FAA ID: 2H2)
- Jerry Sumners Sr. Aurora Municipal Airport lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Wanda.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jerry Sumners Sr. Aurora Municipal Airport
- Rogers Muni. (ICAO: KROG)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Missouri
About Newton County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Wanda. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Missouri: https://www.mo.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Wanda), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Wanda) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Wanda. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 36.8106, Longitude: -94.1997 In this case, the coordinates for Wanda have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).