When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Walnut Shade.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Walnut Shade. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Walnut Shade.
Large Airports ...
- Little Rock National Airport (LIT/KLIT)
- Tulsa Intl. (TUL/KTUL)
- Kansas City Intl. (MCI/KMCI)
- Lambert - St. Louis Intl. (STL/KSTL)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- Wichita Mid-Continent Airport (ICT/KICT)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Branson Meml. (ICAO: KBBG)
- Boone Co. Airport (HRO/KHRO)
- Springfield Airport (SGF/KSGF)
- Northwest Arkansas Rgnl. (ICAO: KXNA)
- Joplin Rgnl. (JLN/KJLN)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Taney Co. Airport (FAA ID: PLK)
- M. Graham Clark - Taney County Airport lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Walnut Shade.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on M. Graham Clark - Taney County Airport
- Aurora Meml. Muni.
- Aurora Memorial Municipal Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Walnut Shade.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aurora Memorial Municipal Airport
- Jerry Sumners Sr. Aurora Muni. (FAA ID: 2H2)
- Jerry Sumners Sr. Aurora Municipal Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Walnut Shade.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jerry Sumners Sr. Aurora Municipal Airport
- Downtown Airport (FAA ID: 3DW)
- Downtown Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the north of Walnut Shade.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Downtown Airport
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Carroll Co. Airport (FAA ID: 4M1)
- Carroll County Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Walnut Shade.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carroll County Airport
- Cassville Muni. (FAA ID: 94K)
- Cassville Municipal Airport lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> miles to the west of Walnut Shade.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cassville Municipal Airport
- Mansfield Muni. (FAA ID: 03B)
- Mansfield Municipal Airport lies 41 miles [66 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Walnut Shade.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mansfield Municipal Airport
- Mount Vernon Muni. (FAA ID: 2MO)
- Mount Vernon Municipal Airport lies 44 miles [70.8 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Walnut Shade.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mount Vernon Municipal Airport
- Marion County Rgnl. (ICAO: KFLP)
- Monett Muni. (ICAO: KHFJ)
- Baxter County Rgnl.
- Baxter County Regional Airport lies 47 miles [75.6 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Walnut Shade.
- Official website: www.mtnhome.net/airport/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Baxter County Regional Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Missouri Community
About Taney County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Walnut Shade. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Taney County: www.co.taney.mo.us/
The official website for State of Missouri: https://www.mo.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Walnut Shade), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Walnut Shade) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Walnut Shade. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Walnut Shade
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Walnut Shade. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 36.7326, Longitude: -93.1935 In this case, the coordinates for Walnut Shade have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).