Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Violet.
Our newspaper information for Violet is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
We don't know of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Violet. That said, we do have a list of papers that were published in the broader area surrounding Violet. Our list contains 49 papers that were published within 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> of Violet.
Newspapers Neighboring Violet ...
The following newspapers were published within 27 miles [43.5 km] of Violet.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Violet.
- Published In Bolivar [Polk County] ...
- Bolivar Herald-Free Press (from 1967)
- Bolivar Weekly Courier (from 1856)
- Bolivar Weekly Herald (from 1871)
- Bolivar Weekly Sentinel (from 1865)
- The Bolivar Free Press (from 1868)
- The Bolivar Herald (from 18??)
- The Polk County News (from 1914)
- Weekly Bolivar Pilot (from 1859)
- Published In Buffalo [Dallas County] ...
- Buffalo Reflex & Dallas County Republican (from 1979)
- Buffalo Reflex (from 1869)
- Buffalo Weekly Courier (from 1875)
- County Courier (from 1985)
- Dallas County Courier (from 1972)
- Dallas County Republican (from 1927)
- The Buffalo Record (from 190?)
- The Buffalo Register (from 1879)
- The Record (from 1894)
- Published In Fair Play [Polk County] ...
- The Advocate (from 1893)
- The Fair Play Advocate (from 1919)
- The Fair Play Advocate (from 1965)
- Published In Morrisville [Polk County] ...
- Morrisville Journal (from 1910)
- Continue List (10 more) ...
- Published In Urbana [Dallas County] ...
- Dallas County Republican (from 1905)
- Published In Humansville [Polk County] ...
- Humansville Star-Leader (from 1887)
- Published In Hermitage [Hickory County] ...
- Hermitage Enterprise (from 1870)
- Hickory County Democrat (from 1898)
- Hickory County Herald (from 1882)
- Hickory County Republican (from 1898)
- New Era (from 1876)
- Years of publication: 1876 to 187?
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 14999107
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for the New Era
- Holdings for: LCCN SN86054054
- The Hermitage Gazette (from 1895)
- The Hermitage Index (from 1893)
- The Index-Gazette (from 1898)
- The Index (from 1885)
- The Index (from 1903)
- Published In Weaubleau [Hickory County] ...
- The Weaubleau Standard (from 1898)
- Published In Wheatland [Hickory County] ...
- Hickory County Democrat (from 1886)
- Hickory County Enquirer (from 1876)
- Hickory County Mirror (from 1870)
- Published In Fair Grove [Greene County] ...
- Fair Grove Times (from 1909)
- Published In Walnut Grove [Greene County] ...
- The Walnut Grove Tribune (from 1903)
- Published In Stockton [Cedar County] ...
- Cedar County Republican And Stockton Journal (from 1942)
- Cedar County Republican (from 1886)
- South-West Tribune (from 1866)
- Stockton Journal (from 1869)
- Stockton Tribune (from 1871)
- Published In Willard [Greene County] ...
- Cross Country Times (from 198?)
- Grand Prairie Gazette And Shopper (from 1976)
- Grand Prairie Gazette (from 1981)
- The Willard Reporter (from 1972)
- Published In Macks Creek [Camden County] ...
- Camden County Rustic (from 1902)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Missouri Community
About Polk County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Violet. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Missouri: https://www.mo.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Violet) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Violet. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.6675, Longitude: -93.3196 In this case, the coordinates for Violet have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).