When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Valley Park.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Valley Park. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Valley Park.
Large Airports ...
- Lambert - St. Louis Intl. (STL/KSTL)
- Kansas City Intl. (MCI/KMCI)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- Louisville Intl. (SDF/KSDF)
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Rockford Intl. (RFD/KRFD)
- Midway Intl. (MDW/KMDW)
- Des Moines Intl. (DSM/KDSM)
- Nashville Intl. (BNA/KBNA)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Spirit of St. Louis Airport (SUS/KSUS)
- St. Louis Downtown Airport (ICAO: KCPS)
- Scott AFB / Midamerica Airport (BLV/KBLV)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Creve Coeur Airport (FAA ID: 1H0)
- Creve Coeur Airport lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> miles to the north of Valley Park.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Creve Coeur Airport
- St. Charles Airport (FAA ID: 3SQ)
- Saint Charles Airport lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> miles to the north of Valley Park.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Charles Airport
- St. Charles Co. Airport (ICAO: KSET)
- Washington Meml. (FAA ID: FYG)
- Washington Memorial Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the west of Valley Park.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Washington Memorial Airport
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- St. Clair Rgnl. (FAA ID: K39)
- Saint Clair Regional Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Valley Park.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Clair Regional Airport
- St. Louis Rgnl. (ALN/KALN)
- St. Louis Metro-East Airport (FAA ID: 3K6)
- Saint Louis Metro-East Airport lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Valley Park.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Louis Metro-East Airport
- Shafer Metro East Airport
- Shafer Metro East Airport lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Valley Park.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shafer Metro East Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Missouri
About Saint Louis County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Valley Park. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Saint Louis County: www.co.st-louis.mo.us/
The official website for State of Missouri: https://www.mo.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Valley Park), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Valley Park) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Valley Park. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Valley Park
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Valley Park. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.5554, Longitude: -90.4885 In this case, the coordinates for Valley Park have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).