When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Urbana.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Urbana. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Urbana.
Large Airports ...
- Kansas City Intl. (MCI/KMCI)
- Lambert - St. Louis Intl. (STL/KSTL)
- Tulsa Intl. (TUL/KTUL)
- Little Rock National Airport (LIT/KLIT)
- Wichita Mid-Continent Airport (ICT/KICT)
- Des Moines Intl. (DSM/KDSM)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Springfield Airport (SGF/KSGF)
- Waynesville - St. Robert Rgnl. (TBN/KTBN)
- Columbia Rgnl. (COU/KCOU)
- Joplin Rgnl. (JLN/KJLN)
- Branson Meml. (ICAO: KBBG)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Buffalo Muni. (FAA ID: H17)
- Buffalo Municipal Airport lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Urbana.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Buffalo Municipal Airport
- Bolivar Muni. (FAA ID: M17)
- Bolivar Municipal Airport lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Urbana.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bolivar Municipal Airport
- Camdenton Meml. (FAA ID: H21)
- Camdenton Memorial Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Urbana.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Camdenton Memorial Airport
- Floyd W. Jones Lebanon Airport (FAA ID: LBO)
- Floyd W. Jones Lebanon Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Urbana.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Floyd W. Jones Lebanon Airport
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Osceola Muni. (FAA ID: 3MO)
- Osceola Municipal Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Urbana.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Osceola Municipal Airport
- Osage Bch. Airport (FAA ID: K15)
- Grand Glaize - Osage Beach Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Urbana.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grand Glaize - Osage Beach Airport
- Warsaw Muni. (FAA ID: RAW)
- Warsaw Municipal Airport lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Urbana.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Warsaw Municipal Airport
- Stockton Muni. (FAA ID: MO3)
- Stockton Municipal Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Urbana.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stockton Municipal Airport
- Lee C. Fine Meml. (ICAO: KAIZ)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Missouri
About Dallas County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Urbana. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Missouri: https://www.mo.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Urbana), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Urbana) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Urbana. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Urbana
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Urbana. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.8435, Longitude: -93.1676 In this case, the coordinates for Urbana have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).