When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Truman Corners.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Truman Corners. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Truman Corners.
Large Airports ...
- Kansas City Intl. (MCI/KMCI)
- Wichita Mid-Continent Airport (ICT/KICT)
- Eppley Airfield (OMA/KOMA)
- Des Moines Intl. (DSM/KDSM)
- Tulsa Intl. (TUL/KTUL)
- Lambert - St. Louis Intl. (STL/KSTL)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Charles B. Wheeler Airport (MKC/KMKC)
- Forbes Fld. (FOE/KFOE)
General Aviation Airports ...
- State Line Airpark
- State Line Airpark lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Truman Corners.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on State Line Airpark
- Raymore Intl.
- Raymore International Airport lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Truman Corners.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Raymore International Airport
- Lee's Summit Muni. (ICAO: KLXT)
- McComas - Lees Summit Muni.
- McComas - Lees Summit Municipal Airport lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Truman Corners.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McComas - Lees Summit Municipal Airport
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Johnson County Exec. (TUJ/KOJC)
- Inter-State Airport (FAA ID: MO29)
- Inter-State Airport lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Truman Corners.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Inter-State Airport
- Fairfax Muni.
- Fairfax Municipal Airport lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Truman Corners.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fairfax Municipal Airport
- East Kansas City (FAA ID: 3GV)
- East Kansas City lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Truman Corners.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Kansas City
- New Century Aircenter (ICAO: KIXD)
- Lawrence Smith Meml. (FAA ID: LRY)
- Lawrence Smith Memorial Airport lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Truman Corners.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lawrence Smith Memorial Airport
- Gardner Muni. (FAA ID: K34)
- Gardner Municipal Airport lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Truman Corners.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gardner Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Missouri
About Jackson County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Truman Corners. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Jackson County: www.co.jackson.mo.us/
The official website for State of Missouri: https://www.mo.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Truman Corners), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Truman Corners) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Truman Corners. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.9081, Longitude: -94.5197 In this case, the coordinates for Truman Corners have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).