Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Erie.
Our newspaper information for Erie is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
The following list contains the names of 1 papers that were published in the immediate area of Erie. In addition, the list contains another 209 papers that were published in the broader area that surrounded Erie. In total, we've identified 210 papers within 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> of Erie.
To keep this list from growing too long, not all of the papers have been listed. We have another list where all the papers have been listed in alphabetical order. The complete list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Erie.
Note: The Extended Newspaper Page is quite large and may take extra time to load.
Newspapers Published In Erie ...
We know of only one newspaper that was published in the Erie area:
- Erie Township News (from 19??)
Newspapers Neighboring Erie ...
The following newspapers were published within 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> of Erie.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Erie.
- Published In Temperance [Monroe County] ...
- Bedford Courier (from 1947)
- The Courier (from 1967)
- Published In Point Place [Lucas County] ...
- Point Place Herald (from 19??)
- Point Place News (from 19??)
- The Point And Shoreland Journal (from 1980)
- The Point And Shoreland (from 1979)
- The Point (from 1978)
- Published In Lambertville [Monroe County] ...
- Journal Herald (from 19??)
- The Bedford Journal (from 1976)
- The Courier Herald (from 1978)
- The Suburban Review (from 1971)
- Published In Ida [Monroe County] ...
- Ida Gazette
- The first year of publication is unknown, with the last issue in ????
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 47858932
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for the Ida Gazette
- Holdings for: LCCN SN2001063713
- Continue List (10 more) ...
- Published In Trilby [Lucas County] ...
- The Trilby News (from 1928)
- Published In Toledo [Lucas County] ...
- We know of 145 newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Toledo. The list of those papers is too long to repeat here, but can be found on the Local Newspaper Page for Toledo
- We have an extended list that contains all the papers within 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> of Erie. This extended list includes all the papers from Toledo. The list is sorted by the paper's name. This merged list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Erie.
Note: The Extended Newspaper Page is quite large and may take extra time to load
- Published In Monroe [Monroe County] ...
- Michigan Herald (from 187?)
- Michigan Sentinel (from 1825)
- Monroe Advocate (from 1841)
- Monroe Bulletin (from 19??)
- Monroe Commercial (from 185?)
- Monroe County Weekly (from 1935)
- Monroe Evening Commercial (from 188?)
- Monroe Gazette (from 1837)
- Monroe News-Courier (from 1915)
- Monroe Tribune (from 1981)
- Monroe Weekly Express (from 18??)
- The Guardian (from 19??)
- The Itemizer (from 1877)
- The first year of publication was in 1877, with an unknown end date
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 39348352
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for The Itemizer
- Holdings for: LCCN SN98066185
- The Monroe Democrat (from 1880)
- The Monroe Evening News And Courier (from 1918)
- The Monroe Evening News (from 1918)
- The Monroe Independent (from 1898)
- The Monroe Index (from 1881)
- The Monroe Monitor (from 1862)
- The Monroe National Press (from 1856)
- The Monroe Record (from 1900)
- The Monroe Times (from 1836)
- The Monroe Weekly Commercial And Southern Michigan Advocate (from 1849)
- The Record=commercial (from 1904)
- Published In Sylvania [Lucas County] ...
- Sylvania Herald (from 1978)
- Sylvania Suburban Sentinel (from 1964)
- The Sentinel (from 1965)
- The Sylvania Sentinel (from 1910)
- The Sylvania Sentinel (from 1963)
- The Sylvania Sun (from 1899)
- Published In Petersburg [Monroe County] ...
- Farmers & Merchants Courier (from 19??)
- Petersburgh Bulletin (from 1880)
- The Petersburg Avalanche (from 1871)
- The Petersburgh Sun (from 1891)
- Published In Rossford [Wood County] ...
- Country And Town (from 1963)
- Published In Dundee [Monroe County] ...
- Courier (from 1980)
- Dundee Area Independent (from 1987)
- Dundee Enterprise (from 1872)
- Dundee Post Crescent (from 1924)
- Dundee Reporter (from 187?)
- Independent (from 1989)
- The Dundee Ledger (from 1881)
- The Reporter-Sun (from 1989)
- Published In Walbridge [Wood County] ...
- The Walbridge News (from 1936)
- Published In Deerfield [Lenawee County] ...
- Deerfield Ray (from 1875)
- Deerfield Record (from 18??)
- Deerfield Times-Journal
- The Deerfield Independent (from 19??)
- The Deerfield Moon
- Published In Maumee [Lucas County] ...
- Maumee Valley Herald (from 1978)
- Maumee Valley News (from 1925)
- Natural Gas (from 1888)
- North South West Express (from 1976)
- North-Western Democrat And Lucas County Landmark (from 1852)
- The Amulet (from 18??)
- The Community Mirror (from 1980)
- The Forest City Visitor (from 185?)
- The Maumee Advance-Era (from 1902)
- The Maumee Advance (from 1896)
- The Maumee Advertiser (from 18??)
- The Maumee New Era (from 18??)
- The Mirror (from 1980)
- The Mirror (from 1988)
- The Valley Echo (from 1896)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Michigan
About Monroe County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Erie. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Monroe County: www.co.monroe.mi.us/
The official website for State of Michigan: https://www.michigan.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Erie) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Erie. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ErieOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Erie. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.7940, Longitude: -83.4968 |