Welcome to Arnold ...
Arnold is located in the central region of Michigan's Upper Peninsula (UP).
Arnold is located in Marquette County<1>.
The location of Arnold has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<2>
Arnold is 1,030 feet [314 m] above sea level.<3>.
Time Zone: Arnold lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time
Note: If you travel south from Arnold (for example, toward Powers), you will soon leave Eastern Time and cross into the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT).
The telephone area code for Arnold: (906)
The ZIP code for Arnold: 49819<4>
Communities Also Named Arnold ...
While we believe that this Arnold is located in Marquette County, we know of another 2 Michigan communities named Arnold. Those communities are located in the following counties: Bay and Menominee County.
Beyond Michigan, there are 39 communities that are also named Arnold - they are located in Alabama, British Columbia, California (3), Georgia (6), Illinois (2), Iowa, Kansas (3), Kentucky (2), Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, Nova Scotia, Ohio, Pennsylvania (2), Texas, West Virginia (2) and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Arnold.
Communities near Arnold ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Arnold.
- Watson [Marquette County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Watson
- Watson [Marquette County] was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<5> to the southeast of Arnold
- Northland [Marquette County]
- LaBranche [Menominee County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for LaBranche
- LaBranche [Menominee County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<5> to the south of Arnold
- Jump to Google Maps centered on LaBranche
- Foster City [Dickinson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Foster City
- Foster City [Dickinson County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the southwest of Arnold
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Foster City have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Foster City
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Foster City<6>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Saint Nicholas [Delta County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Nicholas
- Saint Nicholas [Delta County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the east of Arnold
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Nicholas
- Dryads [Menominee County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dryads
- Dryads [Menominee County] was located 14 miles [22.5 km]<5> to the south of Arnold
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Dryads. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Lathrop [Delta County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lathrop
- Lathrop [Delta County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<5> to the northeast of Arnold
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lathrop have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lathrop
- McFarland [Marquette County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McFarland
- McFarland [Marquette County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<5> to the northeast of Arnold
- McFarland has also been known as:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McFarland
- Ralph [Dickinson County]
- Helena [Marquette County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Helena
- Helena [Marquette County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the northeast of Arnold
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Helena have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Helena
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Arnold. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Arnold.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Arnold. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Arnold.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Arnold. See our Newspapers Page for Arnold.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Arnold ...
Looking for more information about Arnold? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Arnold, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Arnold.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Michigan Community
About Marquette County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Arnold. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Marquette County: www.co.marquette.mi.us/
The official website for State of Michigan: https://www.michigan.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Michigan's counties, including Marquette, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Arnold - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Arnold). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Arnold or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Arnold) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Arnold. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ArnoldOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Arnold. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.0508, Longitude: -87.4921 In this case, the coordinates for Arnold have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|