Welcome to Algonac ...
The city of Algonac is located in Saint Clair County<1>.
The location of Algonac has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<2>
From the Census Estimates for 2018, Algonac has a population of 4,039 people<3> (see below for details).
Algonac is 580 feet [177 m] above sea level.<4>.
Time Zone: Algonac lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time
The telephone area code for Algonac: (810)
The ZIP code for Algonac: 48001<5>
Websites for Algonac ...
Official Website: www.algonac-mi.gov/
Population Details ...
Taken from the 2018 Census Estimates, Algonac had an population of 4,039 people. This is a decrease of 1.73% since the 2010 Census (or a decrease of 12.44% since the 2000 Census).
At the time of the 2010 Census, Algonac had a population of 4,110 people. This makes Algonac the county's 5th most populous community.
The population of Algonac represents 0.04% of the population of Michigan (which has 9,883,640 people), making it the state's 166th most populous community.
With a 2010 count of 4,110 people, the population of Algonac decreased 10.9% from the 2000 Census (with a count of 4,613 people).
More information can be found on the Census Page for Algonac.
Communities near Algonac ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Algonac.
- Mount Clemens [Macomb County]
- New Baltimore [Macomb County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for New Baltimore have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for New Baltimore
- New Baltimore [Macomb County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<6> to the west of Algonac
- Estimated population in 2018: 12,403 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Baltimore
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for New Baltimore<7>
- Richmond [Macomb County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Richmond have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Richmond
- Richmond [Macomb County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<6> to the northwest of Algonac
- Estimated population in 2018: 5,891 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Richmond
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Richmond<7>
- Saint Clair [Saint Clair County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- New Haven [Macomb County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for New Haven have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for New Haven
- New Haven [Macomb County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<6> to the northwest of Algonac
- Estimated population in 2018: 4,853 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Haven
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for New Haven<7>
- Marine City [Saint Clair County]
- Broadbridge Station [Saint Clair County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Broadbridge Station
- Broadbridge Station [Saint Clair County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<6> to the north of Algonac
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Broadbridge Station
- Starville [Saint Clair County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Starville
- Starville [Saint Clair County] was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<6> to the northwest of Algonac
- Perch Point [Saint Clair County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Perch Point
- Perch Point [Saint Clair County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<6> to the northwest of Algonac
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Perch Point
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sombra came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<8>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sombra
- Sombra lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<6> to the northeast of Algonac
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sombra
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Sombra<7>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Algonac. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Algonac.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Algonac. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Algonac.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Algonac. See our Newspapers Page for Algonac.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Algonac ...
Looking for more information about Algonac? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Algonac, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Algonac.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Michigan
About Saint Clair County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Algonac: www.algonac-mi.gov/
The official website for Saint Clair County: www.stclaircounty.org/
The official website for State of Michigan: https://www.michigan.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Michigan's counties, including Saint Clair, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Algonac.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Algonac - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a city (such as Algonac). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Algonac or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<6>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Algonac) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Algonac. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Algonac
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Algonac. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 42.6223, Longitude: -82.5346 In this case, the coordinates for Algonac have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<8>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|