Welcome to Vanceboro ...
Vanceboro is located in Washington County<1>.
From the Census Estimates for 2019, Vanceboro has a population of 134 people<2> (see below for details).
Vanceboro is 400 feet [122 m] above sea level.<3>.
Time Zone: Vanceboro lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time
Note: While Vanceboro is in the Eastern Time Zone, the area just to the east is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT).
The telephone area code for Vanceboro: (207)
The ZIP code for Vanceboro: 04491<4>
Population Details ...
Taken from the 2019 Census Estimates, Vanceboro had an population of 134 people. This is a decrease of 4.29% since the 2010 Census (or a decrease of 8.84% since the 2000 Census).
At the time of the 2010 Census, Vanceboro had a population of 140 people. This makes Vanceboro the county's 39th most populous community.
The population of Vanceboro represents 0.01% of the population of Maine (which has 1,328,361 people), making it the state's 456th most populous community.
With a 2010 count of 140 people, the population of Vanceboro decreased 4.76% from the 2000 Census (which had a count of 147 people).
More information can be found on the Census Page for Vanceboro.
Communities Also Named Vanceboro ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Vanceboro - it's located in North Carolina.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Vanceboro.
Communities near Vanceboro ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Vanceboro.
- Topsfield [Washington County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Topsfield
- Topsfield [Washington County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<5> to the southwest of Vanceboro
- Population from the 2020 Census: 227 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Topsfield
- Codyville [Washington County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Codyville
- Codyville [Washington County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the southwest of Vanceboro
- Population from the 2020 Census: 23 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Codyville have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Codyville has also been known as:
- Codyville Plantation
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Codyville
- Lambert Lake [Washington County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lambert Lake
- Lambert Lake [Washington County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<5> to the west of Vanceboro
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lambert Lake have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lambert Lake
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Saint Croix
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Croix
- Saint Croix lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<5> to the north of Vanceboro
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Croix came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<8>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Croix
- Barber Dam
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Barber Dam
- Barber Dam lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the southeast of Vanceboro
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Barber Dam. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<9>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Barber Dam
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lynnfield
- Lynnfield lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<5> to the southeast of Vanceboro
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lynnfield came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<8>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lynnfield
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Andersonville
- Andersonville lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the southeast of Vanceboro
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Andersonville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<8>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Andersonville
- Forest City Landing [Washington County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Forest City Landing
- Forest City Landing [Washington County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<5> to the northwest of Vanceboro
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Forest City Landing have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Forest City Landing
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Baillie
- Baillie lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<5> to the southeast of Vanceboro
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Baillie came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<8>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Baillie
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Vanceboro. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Vanceboro.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Vanceboro. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Vanceboro.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Vanceboro. See our Newspapers Page for Vanceboro.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Vanceboro ...
Looking for more information about Vanceboro? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Vanceboro, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Vanceboro.
Adding Vanceboro to Our Gazetteer ...
We originally found mention of Vanceboro in both the FIPS-55 and the GNIS. For more information, see the FIPS and GNIS Codes sections on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Vanceboro was in the Business Atlas and Shippers' Guide (1895).
We also found Vanceboro on a map titled Rand McNally Map of Maine (1897).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Vanceboro on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Maine
About Washington County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Vanceboro. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Maine: https://www.maine.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Maine's counties, including Washington, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Vanceboro.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Vanceboro - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Vanceboro). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Vanceboro or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Vanceboro) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Vanceboro. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from VanceboroOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Vanceboro. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.5633, Longitude: -67.4296 |
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<8>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<9>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|