Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Basin Mills.
Our newspaper information for Basin Mills is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
We don't know of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Basin Mills. That said, we do have a list of papers that were published in the broader area surrounding Basin Mills. Our list contains 130 papers that were published within 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> of Basin Mills.
To keep this list from growing too long, not all of the papers have been listed. We have another list where all the papers have been listed in alphabetical order. The complete list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Basin Mills.
Newspapers Neighboring Basin Mills ...
The following newspapers were published within 21 miles [33.8 km] of Basin Mills.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Basin Mills.
- Published In Orono [Penobscot County] ...
- Orono News (from 1941)
- Orono Observer (from 1993)
- The Cadet (from 1885)
- The Maine Campus (from 1904)
- The Orono Observer (from 1948)
- The Out-Post (from 19??)
- Wabanaki Alliance (from 1977)
- Published In Old Town [Penobscot County] ...
- Elderberry Times (from 19??)
- Old Town-Orono Times Penobscot Times (from 1979)
- Penobscot Times (from 1941)
- The Old Town Enterprise (from 1888)
- The Oldtown Index (from 1850)
- The Oldtown Monthly (from 1875)
- The Penobscot Times And The Old Town Enterprise (from 1934)
- The Penobscot Times (from 1992)
- Published In Bangor [Penobscot County] ...
- We know of 88 newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Bangor. The list of those papers is too long to repeat here, but can be found on the Local Newspaper Page for Bangor
- We have an extended list that contains all the papers within 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> of Basin Mills. This extended list includes all the papers from Bangor. The list is sorted by the paper's name. This merged list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Basin Mills
- Published In Brewer [Penobscot County] ...
- New England Coastal News (from 19??)
- New England Fisherman (from 19??)
- The Item (from 1933)
- Continue List (10 more) ...
- Published In Glenburn [Penobscot County] ...
- The Eastern Star (from 18??)
- Published In Hampden [Penobscot County] ...
- Bay And River Record (from 1952)
- Hampden Observer (from 1949)
- Penobscot Patriot And The Hancock & Washington Advertiser (from 1803)
- Published In Hampden Highlands [Penobscot County] ...
- The New Observer (from 197?)
- The Observer (from 1958)
- Published In Kenduskeag [Penobscot County] ...
- Kenduskeag Journal (from 1879)
- Published In Bradford [Penobscot County] ...
- The Bradford Clarion (from 1977)
- Published In Winterport [Waldo County] ...
- Penobscot View Press (from 19??)
- Winterport Advertiser (from 1893)
- Published In East Corinth [Penobscot County] ...
- The Corinth Advance (from 188?)
- Published In Frankfort [Waldo County] ...
- The Intelligencer (from 1837)
- Waldo Gazette (from 1839)
- Published In Bucksport [Hancock County] ...
- Bucksport Clipper (from 1885)
- Bucksport Searchlight (from 1934)
- The Bucksport Eagle (from 1896)
- The Bucksport Enterprise (from 1920)
- The Bucksport Free Press (from 1940)
- The Bucksport Hen (from 18??)
- The Bucksport Herald (from 1898)
- The Bucksport Times And Bi-County Free Lance (from 19??)
- The Bucksport Times (from 1903)
- The Bucksport Visitor (from 189?)
- The Enterprise (from 1992)
- Published In Ellsworth [Hancock County] ...
- Defiance Bulletin And Lowell's Plain Dealer (from 1849)
- Eastern Farmer (from 1860)
- Eastern Freeman (from 1853)
- Ellsworth American (from 1855)
- Ellsworth Herald (from 1851)
- Ellsworth Weekly (from 1993)
- Hancock County Advertiser (from 18??)
- Independent Courier (from 1826)
- Northern Statesman (from 183?)
- The Bee (from 1840)
- Years of publication: 1840 to 18??
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 10387552
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for The Bee
- Holdings for: LCCN SN84022414
- The County Broadside Tuesday Weekly (from 1972)
- The Ellsworth Enterprise
- The Hancock Citizen (from 1876)
- The Hancock Journal (from 1866)
- The Radical (from 1835)
- The first year of publication was in 1835, with an unknown end date
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 33827458
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for The Radical
- Holdings for: LCCN SN95067982
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Maine
About Penobscot County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Basin Mills. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Maine: https://www.maine.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Basin Mills) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Basin Mills. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.8745, Longitude: -68.6664 In this case, the coordinates for Basin Mills have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).