Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Andover.
Our newspaper information for Andover is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
We don't know of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Andover. That said, we do have a list of papers that were published in the broader area surrounding Andover. Our list contains 61 papers that were published within 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> of Andover.
Newspapers Neighboring Andover ...
The following newspapers were published within 29 miles [46.7 km] of Andover.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Andover.
- Published In Bethel [Oxford County] ...
- The Bethel Citizen (from 1995)
- The Bethel Courier (from 1858)
- The Bethel News (from 1895)
- The Bethel Oxford County Citizen (from 1935)
- The Oxford County Citizen (from 1908)
- Published In Phillips [Franklin County] ...
- Maine Woods And Maine Sportsman (from 1909)
- Maine Woodsman (from 1902)
- Maine Woods (from 1910)
- Maine Woods (from 1900)
- Phillips Phonograph (from 1878)
- Sportsmen's Phonograph
- Published In Rangeley [Franklin County] ...
- Rangeley Highlander (from 1957)
- Rangeley Irregular (from 1972)
- Rangeley Lakes (from 1895)
- The first year of publication was in 1895, with an unknown end date
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 35664470
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for the Rangeley Lakes
- Holdings for: LCCN SN96075160
- The Irregular At Rangeley (from ????)
- The Rangeley Record (from 1934)
- Published In Berlin [Coos County] ...
- Berlin Independent (from 1888)
- Le Journal De Berlin, N.H. (from 194?)
- The Berlin Independent (from 1902)
- The Brown Bulletin (from 1919)
- The Independent (from 1896)
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Published In Canton [Oxford County] ...
- Canton Telephone (from 1883)
- The Dixfield Citizen (from 1887)
- Published In Wilton [Franklin County] ...
- The Franklin County Times (from 1973)
- The Jay-Wilton Tribune (from 1988)
- The Wilton Advertiser (from 19??)
- The Wilton Sentinel (from 18??)
- The Wilton Times (from 1949)
- The Wilton Times (from 1971)
- The Wilton Watch Word (from 1938)
- Wilton Observer (from 1971)
- Wilton Record (from 1881)
- The first year of publication was in 1881, with an unknown end date
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 35664509
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for the Wilton Record
- Holdings for: LCCN SN96075144
- Wilton Search-Light (from 19??)
- Published In Gorham [Coos County] ...
- The Gorham Mountaineer (from 1899)
- The Mountaineer (from 1902)
- The Mountaineer (from 1877)
- Published In Strong [Franklin County] ...
- Mountain Echo (from 1884)
- Published In Farmington [Franklin County] ...
- Down East Screamer, And Mann's Family Physician (from 18??)
- Farmington Chronicle And County Record (from 18??)
- Farmington Chronicle (from 185?)
- Franklin Journal (from 188?)
- Franklin Patriot (from 1858)
- Franklin Register And Sandy River Farmer (from 1843)
- Franklin Register (from 1840)
- Sandy River Yeoman (from 1831)
- The Chronicle (from 1845)
- The Daily Patriot (from 1863)
- The Farmington Advertiser (from 1901)
- The Farmington Herald (from 1881)
- The Franklin Journal And Farmington Chronicle (from 1919)
- The Franklin Journal (from 1912)
- The Herald (from 1880)
- The Independent (from 18??)
- The Juvenile Hustler And Adults' Circulating Medium (from 1911)
- The Little-Blue Times (from 185?)
- Times Record (from 1970)
- Published In Livermore Falls [Androscoggin County] ...
- Express And Advertiser (from 1892)
- Livermore Falls Advertiser (from 1919)
- Livermore Falls Gazette (from 1859)
- Livermore Falls News (from ????)
- The Advertiser (from 1902)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Maine
About Oxford County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Andover. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Oxford County: www.oxfordcounty.org/
The official website for State of Maine: https://www.maine.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Andover) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Andover. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Andover
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Andover. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.6356, Longitude: -70.7512 In this case, the coordinates for Andover have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).