When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Allens Mills.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Allens Mills. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Allens Mills.
Large Airports ...
- Bangor Intl. (BGR/KBGR)
- Portland Intl. Jetport Airport (PWM/KPWM)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Auburn - Lewiston Muni. (LEW/KLEW)
- Knox County Rgnl. (RKD/KRKD)
- Bar Hbr. Airport (BHB/KBHB)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Central Maine Airport (FAA ID: OWK)
- Central Maine Airport of Norridgewock lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> miles to the east of Allens Mills.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Central Maine Airport of Norridgewock
- Bowman Airport (FAA ID: B10)
- Bowman Airport lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> miles to the south of Allens Mills.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bowman Airport
- Waterville Airport (WVL/KWVL)
- Sugarloaf Rgnl. (FAA ID: B21)
- Sugarloaf Regional Airport lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Allens Mills.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sugarloaf Regional Airport
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Augusta State Airport (AUG/KAUG)
- Pittsfield Muni. (FAA ID: 2B7)
- Pittsfield Municipal Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the east of Allens Mills.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pittsfield Municipal Airport
- Rangeley Muni.
- Rangeley Municipal Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Allens Mills.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rangeley Municipal Airport
- Steven A. Bean Muni. (FAA ID: 8B0)
- Steven A. Bean Municipal Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Allens Mills.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Steven A. Bean Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Maine
About Franklin County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Allens Mills. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Maine: https://www.maine.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Allens Mills), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Allens Mills) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Allens Mills. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.7162, Longitude: -70.0812 In this case, the coordinates for Allens Mills have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).