Curious and Interesting Names Near Asessippi ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Birchview
- Birchview lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the east of Asessippi
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Birchview came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Birchview
- Birdtail - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Birdtail
- Birdtail was located 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the southeast of Asessippi
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Birdtail. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deepdale
- Deepdale lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the north of Asessippi
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Deepdale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deepdale
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dropmore
- Dropmore lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the northwest of Asessippi
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dropmore
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Marchwell
- Marchwell lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the southwest of Asessippi
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Marchwell came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marchwell
- Shell Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shell Valley
- Shell Valley lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the north of Asessippi
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shell Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shell Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shellmouth
- Shellmouth lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the west of Asessippi
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shellmouth
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Asessippi. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Norman Alexander Mervyn 'Red' Dutton (Professional hockey)
How Far From Asessippi to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Asessippi to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers and using the location of where the historic<6> community of Asessippi once stood, the straight-line distance beginning in Asessippi and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Winnipeg, which is the Provincial Capital of Manitoba, lies 198 miles [318.7 km]<1> to the east southeast (ESE). If you could drive a straight line from Asessippi to Winnipeg, with an average speed<7>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take a little over three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 12 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 8 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,232 miles [1,982.7 km] to the east (E). Driving would take about three full days, a buggy would take 49 days and walking would take 70 days.
- The shortest distance<8> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,134 miles [9,871.7 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,902 miles [11,107.7 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<10>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,885 miles [7,861.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<11>
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Manitoba
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Manitoba: https://www.gov.mb.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Asessippi) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Asessippi. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AsessippiOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Asessippi. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.9576, Longitude: -101.3211 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<6>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Asessippi, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<7>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<8>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Asessippi to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 324.22 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 323.636 degrees.|
|<11>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 313.824 degrees.||