Welcome to Armington ...
The village of Armington is located in Tazewell County<1>.
The pronunciation of Armington: AHR-ming-tuhn<2>
From the Census Estimates for 2019, Armington has a population of 323 people<3> (see below for details).
Armington is 620 feet [189 m] above sea level.<4>.
Time Zone: Armington lies in the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT) and observes daylight saving time
Armington is located in the (309) area code.
The ZIP code for Armington: 61721<5>
Population Details ...
Taken from the 2019 Census Estimates, Armington had an population of 323 people. This is a decrease of 5.83% since the 2010 Census (or a decrease of 12.23% since the 2000 Census).
At the time of the 2010 Census, Armington had a population of 343 people. This makes Armington the county's 16th most populous community.
With a 2010 count of 343 people, the population of Armington decreased 6.79% from the 2000 Census (with a count of 368 people).
More information can be found on the Census Page for Armington.
Communities Also Named Armington ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Armington - it's located in Montana.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Armington.
Communities near Armington ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Armington.
- Bloomington [McLean County]
- Lincoln [Logan County]
- Heyworth [McLean County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Heyworth have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heyworth
- Heyworth [McLean County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<6> to the east of Armington
- Estimated population in 2019: 2,867 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heyworth
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Heyworth<7>
- Tremont [Tazewell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tremont
- Tremont [Tazewell County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<6> to the northwest of Armington
- Estimated population in 2019: 2,120 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tremont
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Tremont<7>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Mackinaw [Tazewell County]
- Delavan [Tazewell County]
- Atlanta [Logan County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Atlanta have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Atlanta
- Atlanta [Logan County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<6> to the southeast of Armington
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,600 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Atlanta
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Atlanta<7>
- Minier [Tazewell County]
- Danvers [McLean County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Danvers have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Danvers
- Danvers [McLean County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<6> to the northeast of Armington
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,100 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Danvers
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Danvers<7>
- Hopedale [Tazewell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hopedale
- Hopedale [Tazewell County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<6> to the northwest of Armington
- Estimated population in 2019: 825 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hopedale
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hopedale<7>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Armington. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Armington.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Armington. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Armington.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Armington. See our Newspapers Page for Armington.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Armington ...
Looking for more information about Armington? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Armington, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Armington.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Illinois
About Tazewell County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Armington. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Tazewell County: www.tazewell.com/
The official website for State of Illinois: https://illinois.gov
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Illinois' counties, including Tazewell, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The pronunciation we've provided is our attempt to give a phonetic pronunciation for Armington. While it might not be exactly right, hopefully it will be close. If we have it wrong or there's a better way to pronounce the name, please contact us through our Feedback Page.|
|<3>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Armington.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Armington - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a village (such as Armington). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Armington or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<6>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Armington) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Armington. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Armington
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Armington. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.3394, Longitude: -89.3130
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<8>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|