Welcome to Moyie Springs ...
The city of Moyie Springs is located in the Idaho Panhandle.
Moyie Springs is located in Boundary County<1>.
The location of Moyie Springs has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<2>
The pronunciation of Moyie Springs: MOY-ee<3>
A typical abbreviation for Moyie Springs: Moyie Spgs. (or less commonly used: Moyie Spngs. or Moyie Sprngs.)
From the Census Estimates for 2019, Moyie Springs has a population of 765 people<4> (see below for details).
We don't have a date for the establishment of Moyie Springs.
The community of Moyie Springs is 2,190 feet [668 m] above sea level.<5> In other words, the altitude of Moyie Springs is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Moyie Springs lies in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
Note: If you leave Moyie Springs and travel east, you will soon leave Pacific Time and cross into the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT).
Moyie Springs lies within the (208) area code.
The ZIP code for Moyie Springs: 83845<6>
Population Details ...
Taken from the 2019 Census Estimates, Moyie Springs had an population of 765 people. This is an increase of 6.55% since the 2010 Census (or an increase of 16.62% since the 2000 Census).
At the time of the 2010 Census, Moyie Springs had a population of 718 people (or 6.54% of the total population of Boundary County). This makes Moyie Springs the county's 2nd most populous community.
The population of Moyie Springs represents 0.05% of the total population of Idaho (which has 1,567,582 people), making it the state's 100th most populous community.
With a 2010 count of 718 people, the population of Moyie Springs increased 9.45% from the 2000 Census (which had a count of 656 people).
More information can be found on the Census Page for Moyie Springs.
Communities near Moyie Springs ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Moyie Springs.
- Bonners Ferry [Boundary County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bonners Ferry
- Bonners Ferry [Boundary County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<7> to the southwest of Moyie Springs
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,693 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bonners Ferry
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bonners Ferry<8>
- Boulder City [Boundary County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Boulder City
- Boulder City [Boundary County] was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<7> to the southeast of Moyie Springs
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Boulder City have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Naples [Boundary County]
- Sylvanite [Lincoln County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sylvanite
- Sylvanite [Lincoln County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<7> to the east of Moyie Springs
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sylvanite
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Eastport [Boundary County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kingsgate
- Kingsgate lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<7> to the north of Moyie Springs
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kingsgate came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<9>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kingsgate
- Troy [Lincoln County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Troy
- Troy [Lincoln County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<7> to the southeast of Moyie Springs
- Population from the 2020 Census: 982 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Troy
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Troy<8>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rykerts
- Rykerts lies 23 miles [37 km]<7> to the northwest of Moyie Springs
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rykerts came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<9>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rykerts
- Porthill [Boundary County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Porthill
- Porthill [Boundary County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<7> to the northwest of Moyie Springs
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Porthill have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Porthill
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Porthill<8>
- Yaak [Lincoln County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Yaak
- Yaak [Lincoln County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<7> to the east of Moyie Springs
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Yaak
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Moyie Springs. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Moyie Springs.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Moyie Springs. See our Newspapers Page for Moyie Springs.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Moyie Springs ...
Looking for more information about Moyie Springs? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Moyie Springs, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Moyie Springs.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Idaho
About Boundary County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Moyie Springs. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Boundary County: www.boundary-idaho.com/
The official website for State of Idaho: www.state.id.us/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Idaho's counties, including Boundary, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||The pronunciation we've provided is our attempt to give a phonetic pronunciation for Moyie Springs. While it might not be exactly right, hopefully it will be close. If we have it wrong or there's a better way to pronounce the name, please contact us through our Feedback Page.|
|<4>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Moyie Springs.|
|<5>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Moyie Springs - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<6>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a city (such as Moyie Springs). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Moyie Springs or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<7>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Moyie Springs) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Moyie Springs. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Moyie SpringsOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Moyie Springs. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.7249, Longitude: -116.1953 In this case, the coordinates for Moyie Springs have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<8>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<9>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|