Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of The Rock.
Our newspaper information for The Rock is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
We don't know of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of The Rock. That said, we do have a list of papers that were published in the broader area surrounding The Rock. Our list contains 39 papers that were published within 23 miles [37 km]<1> of The Rock.
To keep this list from growing too long, not all of the papers have been listed. We have another list where all the papers have been listed in alphabetical order. The complete list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for The Rock.
Newspapers Neighboring The Rock ...
The following newspapers were published within 23 miles [37 km] of The Rock.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from The Rock.
- Published In Barnesville [Lamar County] ...
- The Barnesville Gazette (from 187?)
- The Barnesville Herald And News Gazette (from 1980)
- The Barnesville News-Gazette (from 189?)
- The Barnesville Patriot (from 187?)
- The Barnesville Weekly Gazette (from 186?)
- The Daily Gazette (from 188?)
- The Herald-Gazette (from 1981)
- The News-Gazette (from 1941)
- The Orthodox Democrat (from 1885)
- The Pike County News (from 1880)
- The Weekly Gazette (from 1868)
- Published In Thomaston [Upson County] ...
- Georgia Herald (from 1869)
- Middle Georgia Times (from 1879)
- The Backwoodsman And Upson Yeoman (from 1834)
- The Free Press (from 19??)
- The Hickory Nut And Upson Vigil (from 1833)
- The Thomaston Herald (from 1870)
- The Thomaston Times And The Free Press (from 1977)
- The Thomaston Times (from 2000)
- The Thomaston Times (from 1886)
- The Upson Home Journal (from 19??)
- Upson Enterprise (from 1878)
- Upson Independent News (from 19??)
- Upson Pilot (from 1858)
- Published In Zebulon [Pike County] ...
- Pike County Journal And Reporter (from 1980)
- Pike County Journal (from 1888)
- Pike County Times-Journal (from 1904)
- Pike County Times (from 1903)
- Reporter (from 1976)
- Years of publication: 1976 to 1980
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 22190935
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for the Reporter
- Holdings for: LCCN SN90052079
- The Pike County Journal (from 1907)
- Published In Forsyth [Monroe County] ...
- Educational Journal (from 1857)
- The Bee (from 1848)
- The first year of publication was in 1848, with an unknown end date
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 19873603
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for The Bee
- Holdings for: LCCN SN89053376
- The Little Georgian (from 184?)
- The Monroe Advertiser (from 1856)
- The Monroe Advertiser (from 1985)
- The Monroe County Reporter (from 1972)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Published In Griffin [Spalding County] ...
- We know of 31 newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Griffin. The list of those papers is too long to repeat here, but can be found on the Local Newspaper Page for Griffin
- We have an extended list that contains all the papers within 23 miles [37 km]<1> of The Rock. This extended list includes all the papers from Griffin. The list is sorted by the paper's name. This merged list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for The Rock
- Published In Roberta [Crawford County] ...
- Crawford County News (from 1906)
- The Crawford County Correspondent (from 1892)
- Published In Manchester [Meriwether County] ...
- Manchester Star-mercury (from 1983)
- Patriot-Citizen (from 1974)
- Star Mercury (from 1978)
- The Manchester Star And The Manchester Mercury (from 1968)
- The Manchester Star-mercury (from 1969)
- The Manchester Star (from 1964)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Georgia
About Upson County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for The Rock. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Georgia: https://georgia.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- The Rock) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for The Rock. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from The RockOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in The Rock. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.9640, Longitude: -84.2410 In this case, the coordinates for The Rock have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|