Census Data for Planter ...
As far as we can tell, Planter has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Planter, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Ila [Madison County]
- Nicholson [Jackson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nicholson
- Nicholson [Jackson County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<1> to the west of Planter
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nicholson have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nicholson
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Nicholson<2>
- Danielsville [Madison County]
- Hull [Madison County]
- Colbert [Madison County]
- Commerce [Jackson County]
- Arcade [Jackson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Arcade
- Arcade [Jackson County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the west of Planter
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Arcade have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Arcade
- Athens [Clarke County]
- Continue List (548 more) ...
- Winterville [Clarke County]
- Comer [Madison County]
- Jefferson [Jackson County]
- Franklin Springs [Franklin County]
- Maysville [Banks County]
- Arnoldsville [Oglethorpe County]
- Bogart [Oconee County]
Madison County ...
Planter is located in Madison County<4>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Madison County.
Miscellaneous Information for Planter ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Madison County or the community of Planter:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Planter:
- GNIS ID for Planter: 326473
- GNIS ID for Madison County: 1688004
- GNIS ID for State of Georgia: 1705317
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Planter is located in Census Region #3 (the South Region) and Division #5 (the South Atlantic Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Planter.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Georgia
About Madison County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Planter. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Madison County: www.madisonco.us/
The official website for State of Georgia: https://georgia.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Planter) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Planter. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from PlanterOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Planter. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.1194, Longitude: -83.3408 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||If you're interested in how the shape of Georgia's counties, including Madison, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|