Around Brookwood ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Warner Robins. It is located about 14 miles [22 km] to the south of Brookwood. Warner Robins has a population of 78,600 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Brookhaven.
It lies immediately west of Brookwood and has a population of 55,600 people.
The following is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Bolingbroke [Monroe County]
- Byron [Peach County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Byron
- Byron [Peach County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the south of Brookwood
- Population from the 2020 Census: 5,274 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Byron
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Byron<3>
- Centerville [Houston County]
- Clinton [Jones County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clinton
- Clinton [Jones County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the northeast of Brookwood
- Former name for Clinton:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clinton
- Dry Branch [Twiggs County]
- East Macon [Bibb County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for East Macon
- East Macon [Bibb County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the east of Brookwood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Macon
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Echeconnee [Peach County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Echeconnee
- Echeconnee [Peach County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the south of Brookwood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Echeconnee
- Huber [Twiggs County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Huber
- Huber [Twiggs County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the southeast of Brookwood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Huber
- Lizella [Bibb County]
- Macon [Bibb County]
- Mountain Springs [Jones County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mountain Springs
- Mountain Springs [Jones County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the east of Brookwood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mountain Springs
- Payne [Bibb County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Payne
- Payne [Bibb County] lies less than 2 miles<2> to the north of Brookwood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Payne
- Vinson Village [Bibb County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vinson Village
- Vinson Village [Bibb County] lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> to the southwest of Brookwood
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Vinson Village have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vinson Village
- Warner Robins [Houston County]
- West Point [Bibb County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for West Point
- West Point [Bibb County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the west of Brookwood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on West Point
For more communities neighboring Brookwood, please visit our County-by-County Page for Brookwood.
Bibb County ...
Brookwood is located in Bibb County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Bibb County: Crawford, Houston, Jones, Monroe, Peach & Twiggs.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Brookwood ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Brookwood.
Airports Near Brookwood ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Brookwood and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Brookwood.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Georgia:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Georgia
About Bibb County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Brookwood. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Bibb County: www.co.bibb.ga.us/
The official website for State of Georgia: https://georgia.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Brookwood.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Brookwood) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Brookwood. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.8243, Longitude: -83.6832 In this case, the coordinates for Brookwood have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Georgia's counties, including Bibb, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Brookwood), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|