Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Boston.
Our newspaper information for Boston is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
The following list contains the names of 3 papers that were published in the immediate area of Boston. In addition, the list contains another 39 papers that were published in the broader area that surrounded Boston. In total, we've identified 42 papers within 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> of Boston.
Newspapers Published In Boston ...
We know of 3 newspapers that have been published in the immediate area of Boston:
- Boston World (from 1888)
- The Boston Journal (from 1892)
- The Boston Times (from 1903)
Newspapers Neighboring Boston ...
The following newspapers were published within 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> of Boston.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Boston.
- Published In Pavo ...
- Pavo Weekly News (from 192?)
- Published In Quitman [Brooks County] ...
- Gallaher's Independent (from 1874)
- Quitman Free Press (from 1920)
- Quitman Free Press (from 1900)
- The Brooks County News (from 1894)
- The Free Press (from 1891)
- The Free Press (from 1924)
- The Independent (from 1873)
- The Quitman Advertiser (from 18??)
- The Quitman Banner (from 1866)
- The Quitman Free Press (from 1877)
- The Quitman Herald (from 1888)
- The Quitman Press (from 1889)
- The Quitman Reporter (from 1874)
- The Quitman Sun (from 1891)
- The first year of publication was in 1891, with an unknown end date
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for The Quitman Sun
- Holdings for: LCCN SN89053561
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 20585378
- Published In Coolidge ...
- The Thomas County Recorder (from 1970)
- Published In Monticello [Jefferson County] ...
- Family Friend (from 1859)
- Monticello Advertiser (from 1869)
- The Monticello News (from 1903)
- The Monticello News (from 1903)
- The Weekly Constitution (from 1874)
- Published In Meigs ...
- The Meigs Herald (from 192?)
- Published In Moultrie [Colquitt County] ...
- The Daily Observer (from 1905)
- The Moultrie Observer (from 1919)
- The Moultrie Observer (from 1894)
- The South Georgian (from 193?)
- Weekly Moultrie Observer (from 1937)
- Published In Hahira [Lowndes County] ...
- Hahira Gold Leaf Incorporating The Hahira Times (from 1959)
- Hahira Gold Leaf (from 197?)
- The Gold Leaf Hahira News (from 1978)
- The Gold Leaf (from 197?)
- The Gold Leaf (from 192?)
- The Hahira Dispatch (from 1906)
- The Hahira Gold Leaf And Lowndes County News (from 1963)
- The Hahira Gold Leaf And The Valdosta News (from 1964)
- The Hahira Gold Leaf (from 1934)
- The Hahira Gold Leaf (from 1960)
- The Hahira Times (from 1957)
- The Hahira Weekly (from 1932)
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Boston. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Thomas County: www.thomascountyboc.org/
The official website for State of Georgia: https://georgia.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Boston) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Boston. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BostonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Boston. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 30.7936, Longitude: -83.7898 |