Around Avondale ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Columbia Mine. It is located about 22 miles [35 km] to the northwest of Avondale. Columbia Mine has a population of 196,000 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Augusta.
It is located about 20 miles [ km] to the east of Avondale and has a population of 44,600 people.
The following is a sample of nearby communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Blythe [Richmond County]
- Boneville [McDuffie County]
- Dearing [McDuffie County]
- Fort Gordon [Columbia County]
- Grovetown [Columbia County]
- Harlem [Columbia County]
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Keysville [Burke County]
- Maddox [Columbia County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maddox
- Maddox [Columbia County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the north of Avondale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maddox
- Matthews [Jefferson County]
- Noah [Jefferson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Noah
- Noah [Jefferson County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the south of Avondale
- Noah has also been known as:
- Noah Station
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Noah
- Sawdust [Columbia County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sawdust
- Sawdust [Columbia County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the north of Avondale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sawdust
- Stapleton [Jefferson County]
- Thomson [McDuffie County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Thomson
- Thomson [McDuffie County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the northwest of Avondale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Thomson have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Thomson
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Thomson<3>
- Wrens Station [Jefferson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wrens Station
- Wrens Station [Jefferson County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the south of Avondale
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,939 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wrens Station
- Wrens [Jefferson County]
For more communities neighboring Avondale, please visit our County-by-County Page for Avondale.
McDuffie County ...
Avondale is located in McDuffie County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of McDuffie County: Columbia, Jefferson, Lincoln, Richmond, Warren & Wilkes.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Avondale ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Avondale.
Airports Near Avondale ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Avondale and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Avondale.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Georgia:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Georgia
About McDuffie County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Avondale. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Georgia: https://georgia.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Avondale.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Avondale) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Avondale. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.3554, Longitude: -82.3260 In this case, the coordinates for Avondale have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Georgia's counties, including McDuffie, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Avondale), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|