Census Data for Alvin ...
As far as we can tell, Alvin has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Alvin, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Ila [Madison County]
- Commerce [Jackson County]
- Danielsville [Madison County]
- Carnesville [Franklin County]
- Franklin Springs [Franklin County]
- Nicholson [Jackson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nicholson
- Nicholson [Jackson County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the southwest of Alvin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nicholson have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nicholson
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Nicholson<2>
- Homer [Banks County]
- Royston [Franklin County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Royston
- Royston [Franklin County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the east of Alvin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Royston have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Royston
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Royston<2>
- Continue List (603 more) ...
- Maysville [Banks County]
- Canon [Franklin County]
- Colbert [Madison County]
- Hull [Madison County]
- Arcade [Jackson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Arcade
- Arcade [Jackson County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the southwest of Alvin
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 1,972 people. This represents a 10.41% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 1,786 people.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Arcade have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Arcade
- Bowersville [Hart County]
- Bowman [Elbert County]
Madison County ...
Alvin is located in Madison County<4>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Madison County.
Miscellaneous Information for Alvin ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Madison County or the community of Alvin:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Alvin:
- GNIS ID for Alvin: 331036
- GNIS ID for Madison County: 1688004
- GNIS ID for State of Georgia: 1705317
- The FIPS Codes ...
- An earlier (and largely obsolete) identification method was called the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS):
- State Code: 13 (Georgia)
- County Code: 195 (Madison County)
- Place Code: 02020 (Alvin)
- State & County Code: 13/195 (Georgia / Madison County)
- State & Place Code: 13/02020 (Georgia / Alvin)
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Alvin is located in Census Region #3 (the South Region) and Division #5 (the South Atlantic Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Alvin.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Georgia
About Madison County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Alvin. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Madison County: www.madisonco.us/
The official website for State of Georgia: https://georgia.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Alvin) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alvin. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.2343, Longitude: -83.3240 In this case, the coordinates for Alvin have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||If you're interested in how the shape of Georgia's counties, including Madison, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|