Welcome to Ahosulga ...
So far, we have found very little information about Ahosulga. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Ahosulga to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Ahosulga, please Contact Us.
Ahosulga would have been located within present day Madison County<2>.
The location of Ahosulga has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Ahosulga is 80 feet [24 m] above sea level.<4>.
Time Zone: The area where Ahosulga was located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time
Ahosulga would have been located in the (850) area code.
Communities near Ahosulga ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Ahosulga.
- Madison [Madison County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Madison
- Madison [Madison County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<5> to the east of Ahosulga
- Estimated population for 2018: 2,797 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Madison
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Madison
- Monticello [Jefferson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Monticello
- Monticello [Jefferson County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the northwest of Ahosulga
- Estimated population for 2018: 2,425 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monticello
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Monticello
- Greenville [Madison County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenville
- Greenville [Madison County] lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<5> to the northeast of Ahosulga
- Estimated population for 2018: 820 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Greenville
- Lamont [Jefferson County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Shady Grove [Taylor County]
- Waukeenah [Jefferson County]
- Empress [Brooks County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Empress
- Empress [Brooks County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<5> to the north of Ahosulga
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Empress
- Thomas City [Jefferson County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Thomas City have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Thomas City
- Thomas City [Jefferson County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the west of Ahosulga
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Thomas City
- Wacissa [Jefferson County]
- Lloyd [Jefferson County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Ahosulga. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Ahosulga.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Ahosulga. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Ahosulga.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Ahosulga. See our Newspapers Page for Ahosulga.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Florida
About Madison County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Florida: www.myflorida.com/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Ahosulga, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Florida's counties, including Madison, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Ahosulga - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Ahosulga) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ahosulga. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 30.4335, Longitude: -83.6832 In this case, the coordinates for Ahosulga have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).