Around Adam ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Gainesville. It is located about 15 miles [24 km] to the northeast of Adam. Gainesville has a population of 134,000 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Ocala.
It is located about 30 miles [ km] to the southeast of Adam and has a population of 60,800 people.
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Archer [Alachua County]
- Arredondo [Alachua County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Arredondo
- Arredondo [Alachua County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the northeast of Adam
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Arredondo
- Bronson [Levy County]
- East Bronson [Levy County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for East Bronson
- East Bronson [Levy County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the southwest of Adam
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Bronson
- East Williston [Levy County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for East Williston
- East Williston [Levy County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the southeast of Adam
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Williston
- Evinston [Alachua County]
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Gainesville [Alachua County]
- Jonesville [Alachua County]
- Micanopy [Alachua County]
- Morriston [Levy County]
- Newberry [Alachua County]
- Raleigh [Levy County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Raleigh
- Raleigh [Levy County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Adam
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Raleigh
- Rutledge [Alachua County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rutledge
- Rutledge [Alachua County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the northeast of Adam
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rutledge
- Williston Highlands [Levy County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Williston Highlands
- Williston Highlands [Levy County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the south of Adam
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Williston Highlands have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Williston Highlands
- Williston [Levy County]
For more communities neighboring Adam, please visit our County-by-County Page for Adam.
Alachua County ...
Adam is located in Alachua County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Alachua County: Bradford, Columbia, Gilchrist, Levy, Marion, Putnam & Union.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Adam ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Adam.
Airports Near Adam ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Adam and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Adam.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Florida:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Florida
About Alachua County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Adam. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Alachua County: www.alachua-county.org/
The official website for State of Florida: www.myflorida.com/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Adam.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Adam) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Adam. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 29.4914, Longitude: -82.5062 In this case, the coordinates for Adam have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Florida's counties, including Alachua, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Adam), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|