Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Somers.
Our newspaper information for Somers is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
We don't know of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Somers. That said, we do have a list of papers that were published in the broader area surrounding Somers. Our list contains 168 papers that were published within 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> of Somers.
To keep this list from growing too long, not all of the papers have been listed. We have another list where all the papers have been listed in alphabetical order. The complete list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Somers.
Note: The Extended Newspaper Page is quite large and may take extra time to load.
Newspapers Neighboring Somers ...
The following newspapers were published within 14 miles [22.5 km] of Somers.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Somers.
- Published In Stafford Springs [Tolland County] ...
- The Press (from 1883)
- The Stafford Press (from 1936)
- The Tolland County Press And Stafford News Letter (from 186?)
- Tolland County Press (from 18??)
- Published In Thompsonville [Hartford County] ...
- Northern Connecticut News (from 19??)
- The Press Bazaar (from 1963)
- The Thompsonville Press (from 1880)
- Thompsonville Gazette (from 186?)
- Published In Rockville [Tolland County] ...
- Rockville Republican (from 185?)
- The Daily Sentinel (from 1890)
- The Leader (from 1963)
- The Rockville Journal (from 1883)
- The Rockville Leader (from 189?)
- The Rockville Reminder (from 194?)
- Tolland County Gazette (from 1854)
- Tolland County Gleaner (from 187?)
- Tolland County Herald (from 1864)
- Tolland County Journal (from 1867)
- Tolland County Leader (from 187?)
- Tolland County News (from 1865)
- Tolland County Record (from 1861)
- Tolland County Republican (from 1856)
- Tri-Town Reporter (from 1973)
- Published In Tolland [Tolland County] ...
- National Examiner (from 1830)
- Republican Free Press (from 1831)
- Rural Record And Ashford Post (from 19??)
- Rural Record (from 1945)
- The People's Advocate (from 1830)
- Continue List (11 more) ...
- Published In Warehouse Point [Hartford County] ...
- East Windsor Enterprise (from 1959)
- Published In Windsor Locks [Hartford County] ...
- Observer Of Windsor Locks (from 1979)
- The Windsor Locks Journal (from 1880)
- The Windsor Locks Journal (from 1973)
- Windsor Locks Herald (from 187?)
- Published In Suffield [Hartford County] ...
- Impartial Herald (from 1797)
- Suffield Sentinel (from 1939)
- Published In Agawam [Hampden County] ...
- The Agawam Advertiser/News (from 1978)
- The Agawam Advertiser (from 1977)
- Published In Vernon [Tolland County] ...
- Reminder (from 19??)
- Years of publication: 19?? to current
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 29583777
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for the Reminder
- Holdings for: LCCN SN93054170
- Published In Springfield [Hampden County] ...
- We know of 136 newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Springfield. The list of those papers is too long to repeat here, but can be found on the Local Newspaper Page for Springfield
- We have an extended list that contains all the papers within 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> of Somers. This extended list includes all the papers from Springfield. The list is sorted by the paper's name. This merged list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Somers.
Note: The Extended Newspaper Page is quite large and may take extra time to load
- Published In West Springfield [Hampden County] ...
- American Intelligencer (from 1795)
- West Springfield Record (from 1953)
- West Springfield Record (from 1953)
- Published In Windsor [Hartford County] ...
- The Dial (from 1896)
- The News-Weekly (from 1944)
- The Town Crier (from 1916)
- The Windsor Booster (from 1937)
- The Windsor Herald (from 192?)
- The Windsor Herald (from 1886)
- The Windsor News And Northern Connecticut Crier (from 196?)
- The Windsor News (from 1968)
- The Windsor Town Crier (from 1916)
- Windsor Booster-Herald (from 1939)
- Windsor News-Weekly (from 1961)
- Windsor Townsman (from 1961)
- Published In Chicopee [Hampden County] ...
- Chicopee Journal (from 185?)
- Nowa Anglia = New England (from 19??)
- The Cabotville Mirror (from 1846)
- The Weekly Journal (from 1854)
- Published In East Granby [Hartford County] ...
- The Newgate Script (from 1974)
- Published In Manchester [Hartford County] ...
- East Hartford Evening Herald (from 1978)
- Evening Herald (from 197?)
- Glastonbury Evening Herald (from 197?)
- Manchester Evening Herald (from 192?)
- Manchester Evening Herald (from 1914)
- Manchester Half/weekly Herald (from 189?)
- Manchester Observer (from 1975)
- Manchester Semi-Weekly Herald (from 1893)
- The Evening Herald (from 191?)
- The Herald (from 1981)
- The Manchester Herald (from 1981)
- The Manchester News (from 1874)
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Connecticut
About Tolland County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Somers. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Connecticut: https://portal.ct.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Somers) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Somers. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Somers
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Somers. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.9834, Longitude: -72.4495 In this case, the coordinates for Somers have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).