Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Sandy Hook.
Our newspaper information for Sandy Hook is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
We don't know of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Sandy Hook. That said, we do have a list of papers that were published in the broader area surrounding Sandy Hook. Our list contains 115 papers that were published within 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> of Sandy Hook.
To keep this list from growing too long, not all of the papers have been listed. We have another list where all the papers have been listed in alphabetical order. The complete list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Sandy Hook.
Newspapers Neighboring Sandy Hook ...
The following newspapers were published within 13 miles [20.9 km] of Sandy Hook.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Sandy Hook.
- Published In Southbury [New Haven County] ...
- Voices (from 197?)
- Years of publication: 197? to ????
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 5122660
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for the Voices
- Holdings for: LCCN SN79007105
- Published In Brookfield Center [Fairfield County] ...
- Brookfield Breeze (from 1917)
- Published In Brookfield [Fairfield County] ...
- Brookfield Bulletin (from 1957)
- The Brookfield Journal (from 1957)
- The Brookfield News (from 187?)
- The Gleaner (from 187?)
- Published In Oxford [New Haven County] ...
- Oxford Advertiser (from 1883)
- The Oxford Courier (from 18??)
- Continue List (12 more) ...
- Published In Danbury [Fairfield County] ...
- We know of 49 newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Danbury. The list of those papers is too long to repeat here, but can be found on the Local Newspaper Page for Danbury
- We have an extended list that contains all the papers within 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> of Sandy Hook. This extended list includes all the papers from Danbury. The list is sorted by the paper's name. This merged list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Sandy Hook
- Published In Redding [Fairfield County] ...
- The Redding Times (from 1955)
- Published In Woodbury [Litchfield County] ...
- The Philomathean (from 1856)
- The Woodbury Bumble b (from 1851)
- The Woodbury Reporter (from 1877)
- Published In Middlebury [New Haven County] ...
- Bee - Intelligencer (from 200?)
- Published In Seymour [New Haven County] ...
- The Seymour News (from 1902)
- The Seymour Record (from 1871)
- The Seymour Times (from 188?)
- Published In Shelton [Fairfield County] ...
- Hamden Journal (from 1997)
- The Daily Advertiser (from 188?)
- The Shelton Booster (from 190?)
- The Shelton Times (from 1910)
- The Shelton Weekly Advance (from 18??)
- The Suburban News (from 1963)
- The Valley Drummer (from 198?)
- Published In New Fairfield [Fairfield County] ...
- Published In Ansonia [New Haven County] ...
- Ansonia Evening Sentinel (from 1888)
- Ansonia Weekly Sentinel (from 1889)
- Evening Sentinel (from 1898)
- Naugatuck Valley Sentinel (from 1871)
- The Ansonia Journal (from 1885)
- The Derby Democrat (from 1886)
- The Evening Sentinel (from 1884)
- Valley Views (from 1986)
- Published In Naugatuck [New Haven County] ...
- Citizen's News (from 2002)
- Naugatuck Daily News (from 1895)
- Naugatuck News (from 1999)
- Naugatuck Review (from 1879)
- Naugatuck Valley Advocate (from 1893)
- The Daily Citizen (from 1895)
- The Eagle (from 1987)
- The Naugatuck Agitator (from 188?)
- The Naugatuck Citizen (from 189?)
- The Naugatuck Enterprise (from 187?)
- The Naugatuck News (from 1894)
- The Parish Bulletin (from 188?)
- Published In New Milford [Litchfield County] ...
- Advertiser (from 1983)
- Housatonic Valley Advertiser (from 19??)
- Housatonic Weekend (from 1993)
- New Milford Advertiser (from 196?)
- New Milford Courier (from 1877)
- New Milford Courier (from 187?)
- Shepaug Edition (from 199?)
- The Bethel Beacon (from 1995)
- The Housatonic Ray (from 1874)
- The Litchfield County Times (from 1981)
- The Messenger (from 1970)
- The New Milford Gazette (from 1877)
- The New Milford Journal (from 1872)
- The New Milford Times Advertiser (from 19??)
- The New Milford Times (from 1914)
- The New-Milford Republican (from 1845)
- Published In Trumbull [Fairfield County] ...
- Easton Courier (from 198?)
- Milford Mirror (from 1986)
- Monroe Courier (from 1962)
- Stratford Star (from 1985)
- The Trumbull Times (from 1959)
- Valley Gazette (from 1992)
- Published In Georgetown [Fairfield County] ...
- Georgetown Star (from 1878)
- The Centreville Weekly News (from 1840)
- The Georgetown Reporter (from 1877)
- The Granby Drummer (from 1970)
- The Granby Drummer (from 1970)
- The Neighborhood News (from 1939)
- The Whig Of New England (from 1848)
- Weekly News (from 1840)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Connecticut
About Fairfield County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Sandy Hook. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Connecticut: https://portal.ct.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Sandy Hook) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Sandy Hook. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Sandy Hook
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Sandy Hook. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.4202, Longitude: -73.2820