When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Salisbury.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Salisbury. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Salisbury.
Large Airports ...
- Bradley Intl. (BDL/KBDL)
- Albany Intl. (ALB/KALB)
- Long Island MacArthur Airport (ISP/KISP)
- La Guardia Airport (LGA/KLGA)
- John F. Kennedy Intl. (JFK/KJFK)
- Theodore Francis Green Airport (PVD/KPVD)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Westover Air Reserve Base (CEF/KCEF)
- Stewart Intl. (SWF/KSWF)
- Westchester Co. Airport (HPN/KHPN)
- Orange Muni. (ICAO: KORE)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Worcester Rgnl. (ORH/KORH)
- Republic Airport (FRG/KFRG)
- East Hampton Airport (ICAO: KHTO)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Walter J. Koladza Airport (FAA ID: GBR)
- Walter J. Koladza Airport lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> miles to the north of Salisbury.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Walter J. Koladza Airport
- Sky Park Airport (FAA ID: 46N)
- Sky Park Airport lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> miles to the west of Salisbury.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sky Park Airport
- Sky Acres Airport (ICAO: K44N)
- Columbia Co. Airport (FAA ID: 1B1)
- Columbia County Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Salisbury.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Columbia County Airport
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Kingston - Ulster Airport (FAA ID: 20N)
- Kingston - Ulster Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the west of Salisbury.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kingston - Ulster Airport
- Pittsfield Muni. (ICAO: KPSF)
- Stormville Airport (FAA ID: N69)
- Stormville Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Salisbury.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stormville Airport
- Simsbury Airport (FAA ID: 4B9)
- Simsbury Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the east of Salisbury.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Simsbury Airport
- Dutchess Co. Airport (POU/KPOU)
- Robertson Fld. (FAA ID: 4B8)
- Robertson Field lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Salisbury.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Robertson Field
- Waterbury - Oxford Airport (ICAO: KOXC)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Connecticut
About Litchfield County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Salisbury. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Connecticut: https://portal.ct.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Salisbury), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Salisbury) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Salisbury. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Salisbury
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Salisbury. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.9836, Longitude: -73.4223