When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Poquonock Bridge.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Poquonock Bridge. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Poquonock Bridge.
Large Airports ...
- Theodore Francis Green Airport (PVD/KPVD)
- Bradley Intl. (BDL/KBDL)
- Long Island MacArthur Airport (ISP/KISP)
- Logan Intl. (BOS/KBOS)
- Barnstable Muni. (HYA/KHYA)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- East Hampton Airport (ICAO: KHTO)
- Westover Air Reserve Base (CEF/KCEF)
- Worcester Rgnl. (ORH/KORH)
- Marthas Vineyard Airport (MVY/KMVY)
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Norwood Meml. (ICAO: KOWD)
- Republic Airport (FRG/KFRG)
- Orange Muni. (ICAO: KORE)
- Westchester Co. Airport (HPN/KHPN)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Groton - New London Airport (GON/KGON)
- Elizabeth Fld. (ICAO: K0B8)
- Westerly State Airport (WST/KWST)
- Montauk Airport (ICAO: KMTP)
- Goodspeed Airport (FAA ID: 42B)
- Goodspeed Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Poquonock Bridge.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Goodspeed Airport
- Chester Airport (SNC/KSNC)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Connecticut
About New London County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Poquonock Bridge. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Connecticut: https://portal.ct.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Poquonock Bridge), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Poquonock Bridge) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Poquonock Bridge. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Poquonock Bridge
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Poquonock Bridge. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.3451, Longitude: -72.0248 In this case, the coordinates for Poquonock Bridge have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).