When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Pleasant Valley.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Pleasant Valley. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Pleasant Valley.
Large Airports ...
- Bradley Intl. (BDL/KBDL)
- Albany Intl. (ALB/KALB)
- Long Island MacArthur Airport (ISP/KISP)
- Theodore Francis Green Airport (PVD/KPVD)
- La Guardia Airport (LGA/KLGA)
- John F. Kennedy Intl. (JFK/KJFK)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Westover Air Reserve Base (CEF/KCEF)
- Orange Muni. (ICAO: KORE)
- Worcester Rgnl. (ORH/KORH)
- Stewart Intl. (SWF/KSWF)
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Westchester Co. Airport (HPN/KHPN)
- East Hampton Airport (ICAO: KHTO)
- Republic Airport (FRG/KFRG)
- Laurence G Hanscom Fld. (BED/KBED)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Simsbury Airport (FAA ID: 4B9)
- Simsbury Airport lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> miles to the east of Pleasant Valley.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Simsbury Airport
- Robertson Fld. (FAA ID: 4B8)
- Robertson Field lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Pleasant Valley.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Robertson Field
- Hartford - Brainard Airport (HFD/KHFD)
- Barnes Muni. (ICAO: KBAF)
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Ellington Airport (FAA ID: 7B9)
- Ellington Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the east of Pleasant Valley.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ellington Airport
- Walter J. Koladza Airport (FAA ID: GBR)
- Walter J. Koladza Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Pleasant Valley.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Walter J. Koladza Airport
- Meriden Markham Muni. (ICAO: KMMK)
- Waterbury - Oxford Airport (ICAO: KOXC)
- Northampton Airport (FAA ID: 7B2)
- Northampton Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Pleasant Valley.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Northampton Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Connecticut
About Litchfield County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Pleasant Valley. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Connecticut: https://portal.ct.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Pleasant Valley), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Pleasant Valley) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Pleasant Valley. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.9123, Longitude: -72.9879 In this case, the coordinates for Pleasant Valley have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).