When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Pine Orchard.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Pine Orchard. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Pine Orchard.
Large Airports ...
- Long Island MacArthur Airport (ISP/KISP)
- Bradley Intl. (BDL/KBDL)
- La Guardia Airport (LGA/KLGA)
- John F. Kennedy Intl. (JFK/KJFK)
- Theodore Francis Green Airport (PVD/KPVD)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- East Hampton Airport (ICAO: KHTO)
- Republic Airport (FRG/KFRG)
- Westchester Co. Airport (HPN/KHPN)
- Westover Air Reserve Base (CEF/KCEF)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Stewart Intl. (SWF/KSWF)
- Worcester Rgnl. (ORH/KORH)
- Orange Muni. (ICAO: KORE)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Tweed - New Haven Airport (HVN/KHVN)
- Chester Airport (SNC/KSNC)
- Meriden Markham Muni. (ICAO: KMMK)
- Igor I. Sikorsky Meml. (BDR/KBDR)
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Goodspeed Airport (FAA ID: 42B)
- Goodspeed Airport lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Pine Orchard.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Goodspeed Airport
- Mattituck Airbase (FAA ID: 21N)
- Mattituck Airbase lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Pine Orchard.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mattituck Airbase
- Waterbury - Oxford Airport (ICAO: KOXC)
- Robertson Fld. (FAA ID: 4B8)
- Robertson Field lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> miles to the north of Pine Orchard.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Robertson Field
- Spadaro Airport (FAA ID: 1N2)
- Spadaro Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the south of Pine Orchard.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spadaro Airport
- Francis S. Gabreski Airport (ICAO: KFOK)
- Brookhaven Airport (WSH/KHWV)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Connecticut
About New Haven County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Pine Orchard. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Connecticut: https://portal.ct.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Pine Orchard), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Pine Orchard) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Pine Orchard. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Pine Orchard
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Pine Orchard. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.2684, Longitude: -72.7811