When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Packer.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Packer. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Packer.
Large Airports ...
- Theodore Francis Green Airport (PVD/KPVD)
- Bradley Intl. (BDL/KBDL)
- Logan Intl. (BOS/KBOS)
- Long Island MacArthur Airport (ISP/KISP)
- Barnstable Muni. (HYA/KHYA)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Worcester Rgnl. (ORH/KORH)
- Westover Air Reserve Base (CEF/KCEF)
- East Hampton Airport (ICAO: KHTO)
- Norwood Meml. (ICAO: KOWD)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Orange Muni. (ICAO: KORE)
- Laurence G Hanscom Fld. (BED/KBED)
- Marthas Vineyard Airport (MVY/KMVY)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Danielson Airport (FAA ID: LZD)
- Danielson Airport lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Packer.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Danielson Airport
- Windham Airport (ICAO: KIJD)
- Toutant Airport (FAA ID: C44)
- Toutant Airport lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Packer.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Toutant Airport
- Groton - New London Airport (GON/KGON)
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Westerly State Airport (WST/KWST)
- Quonset Pt. State Airport
- Quonset Point State Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Packer.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Quonset Point State Airport
- Elizabeth Fld. (ICAO: K0B8)
- Quonset State Airport (ICAO: KOQU)
- North Central State Airport (SFZ/KSFZ)
- Goodspeed Airport (FAA ID: 42B)
- Goodspeed Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Packer.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Goodspeed Airport
- Southbridge Muni. (FAA ID: 3B0)
- Southbridge Municipal Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the north of Packer.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Southbridge Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Connecticut
About Windham County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Packer. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Connecticut: https://portal.ct.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Packer), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Packer) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Packer. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.6665, Longitude: -71.9523 In this case, the coordinates for Packer have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).