When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Occum.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Occum. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Occum.
Large Airports ...
- Theodore Francis Green Airport (PVD/KPVD)
- Bradley Intl. (BDL/KBDL)
- Logan Intl. (BOS/KBOS)
- Long Island MacArthur Airport (ISP/KISP)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- East Hampton Airport (ICAO: KHTO)
- Worcester Rgnl. (ORH/KORH)
- Westover Air Reserve Base (CEF/KCEF)
- Norwood Meml. (ICAO: KOWD)
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Orange Muni. (ICAO: KORE)
- Laurence G Hanscom Fld. (BED/KBED)
- Marthas Vineyard Airport (MVY/KMVY)
- Westchester Co. Airport (HPN/KHPN)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Windham Airport (ICAO: KIJD)
- Danielson Airport (FAA ID: LZD)
- Danielson Airport lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Occum.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Danielson Airport
- Groton - New London Airport (GON/KGON)
- Westerly State Airport (WST/KWST)
- Continue List (10 more) ...
- Goodspeed Airport (FAA ID: 42B)
- Goodspeed Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Occum.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Goodspeed Airport
- Elizabeth Fld. (ICAO: K0B8)
- Toutant Airport (FAA ID: C44)
- Toutant Airport lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> miles to the north of Occum.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Toutant Airport
- Chester Airport (SNC/KSNC)
- Ellington Airport (FAA ID: 7B9)
- Ellington Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Occum.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ellington Airport
- Quonset Pt. State Airport
- Quonset Point State Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the east of Occum.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Quonset Point State Airport
- Quonset State Airport (ICAO: KOQU)
- Southbridge Muni. (FAA ID: 3B0)
- Southbridge Municipal Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the north of Occum.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Southbridge Municipal Airport
- Montauk Airport (ICAO: KMTP)
- North Central State Airport (SFZ/KSFZ)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Connecticut
About New London County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Occum. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Connecticut: https://portal.ct.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Occum), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Occum) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Occum. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Occum
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Occum. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.5957, Longitude: -72.0504