Welcome to Arickaree ...
So far, we have found very little information about Arickaree. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Arickaree to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Arickaree, please Contact Us.
Arickaree would have been located within present day Washington County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Arickaree, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Arickaree is 4,710 feet [1,436 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the altitude of Arickaree is about ¾ mile [or ~1½ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Arickaree was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Arickaree would have been located in the (970) area code.
Communities Also Named Arickaree ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are two Colorado communities named Arickaree: This one is located in Washington County and the other is located in Arapahoe County.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Arickaree.
Communities near Arickaree ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Arickaree.
- Wiladel [Washington County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wiladel
- Wiladel [Washington County] was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<5> to the northeast of Arickaree
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wiladel have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Anton [Washington County]
- Thurman [Washington County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Thurman
- Thurman [Washington County] was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the southwest of Arickaree
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Thurman have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Cope [Washington County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Elba [Washington County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elba
- Elba [Washington County] was located 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the northwest of Arickaree
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Elba have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Lindon [Washington County]
- Joes [Yuma County]
- Kirk [Yuma County]
- Flagler [Kit Carson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Flagler
- Flagler [Kit Carson County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<5> to the south of Arickaree
- Estimated population in 2019: 549 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Flagler have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Flagler
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Flagler<7>
- Rago [Washington County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rago
- Rago [Washington County] was located 27 miles [43.5 km]<5> to the northwest of Arickaree
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rago have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Arickaree. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Arickaree.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Arickaree. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Arickaree.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Arickaree. See our Newspapers Page for Arickaree.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Colorado
About Washington County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Colorado: https://www.colorado.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Arickaree, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Colorado's counties, including Washington, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Arickaree - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Arickaree) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Arickaree. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ArickareeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Arickaree. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.6992, Longitude: -103.0662 In this case, the coordinates for Arickaree have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|