Welcome to Abbeyville ...
Abbeyville is located in Gunnison County<1>.
The community of Abbeyville was named Hillerton before it was changed to Abbeyville.
Abbeyville is 9,930 feet [3,027 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the altitude of Abbeyville is about 1¾ mile [or ~3 km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Abbeyville lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
The telephone area code for Abbeyville: (970)
Communities Also Named Abbeyville ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Abbeyville - it's located in Ohio.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Abbeyville.
Communities near Abbeyville ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Abbeyville.
- Buena Vista [Chaffee County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Buena Vista have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Buena Vista
- Buena Vista [Chaffee County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the east of Abbeyville
- Estimated population in 2019: 2,866 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Buena Vista
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Buena Vista<5>
- Pitkin [Gunnison County]
- Iron City [Chaffee County] - Historic
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Iron City have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Iron City
- Iron City [Chaffee County] was located 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the southeast of Abbeyville
- Saint Elmo [Chaffee County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Elmo
- Saint Elmo [Chaffee County] was located 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the southeast of Abbeyville
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Winfield [Chaffee County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Winfield
- Winfield [Chaffee County] was located 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the north of Abbeyville
- Banker Mine [Chaffee County] - Historic
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Banker Mine. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Banker Mine
- Banker Mine [Chaffee County] was located 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the north of Abbeyville
- Ohio City [Gunnison County]
- Vicksburg [Chaffee County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vicksburg
- Vicksburg [Chaffee County] was located 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the north of Abbeyville
- Ruby [Pitkin County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ruby
- Ruby [Pitkin County] was located 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the north of Abbeyville
- Whitepine [Gunnison County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Whitepine
- Whitepine [Gunnison County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the south of Abbeyville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Whitepine
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Abbeyville. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Abbeyville.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Abbeyville. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Abbeyville.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Abbeyville. See our Newspapers Page for Abbeyville.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Abbeyville ...
Looking for more information about Abbeyville? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Abbeyville, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Abbeyville.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Colorado Community
About Gunnison County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Abbeyville. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Gunnison County: www.co.gunnison.co.us/
The official website for State of Colorado: https://www.colorado.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Colorado's counties, including Gunnison, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Abbeyville - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Abbeyville) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Abbeyville. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Abbeyville
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Abbeyville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.7788, Longitude: -106.4891
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|