Around Wellsona ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is San Luis Obispo. It is located about 28 miles [45 km] to the south of Wellsona. San Luis Obispo has a population of 47,500 people.<1>.
The next largest community is El Paso de Robles.
It lies just southeast of Wellsona and has a population of 32,200 people.
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Wellsona.<2>
- Atascadero [San Luis Obispo County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Atascadero
- Atascadero [San Luis Obispo County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the south of Wellsona
- Estimated population in 2019: 30,075 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Atascadero
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Atascadero<3>
- Bee Rock [San Luis Obispo County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bee Rock
- Bee Rock [San Luis Obispo County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the northwest of Wellsona
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bee Rock
- Bradley [Monterey County]
- Cayucos [San Luis Obispo County]
- Creston [San Luis Obispo County]
- El Paso de Robles [San Luis Obispo County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for El Paso de Robles have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for El Paso de Robles
- El Paso de Robles [San Luis Obispo County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Wellsona
- Estimated population in 2019: 32,153 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on El Paso de Robles
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Estrella [San Luis Obispo County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Estrella
- Estrella [San Luis Obispo County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the east of Wellsona
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Estrella
- Lake Nacimiento [San Luis Obispo County]
- Oak Park [San Luis Obispo County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Oak Park have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oak Park
- Oak Park [San Luis Obispo County] lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> to the south of Wellsona
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oak Park
- Parkfield [Monterey County]
- Paso Robles [San Luis Obispo County]
- San Miguel [San Luis Obispo County]
- Santa Margarita [San Luis Obispo County]
- Shandon [San Luis Obispo County]
- Templeton [San Luis Obispo County]
For more communities neighboring Wellsona, please visit our County-by-County Page for Wellsona.
San Luis Obispo County ...
Wellsona is located in San Luis Obispo County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of San Luis Obispo County: Kern, Kings, Monterey, Santa Barbara & Ventura. The western boundary of the county is on the Pacific Ocean.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Wellsona ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Wellsona.
Airports Near Wellsona ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Wellsona and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Wellsona.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of California:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of California
About San Luis Obispo County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Wellsona. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for San Luis Obispo County: www.co.slo.ca.us/
The official website for State of California: https://www.ca.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Wellsona.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Wellsona) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Wellsona. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Wellsona
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Wellsona. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 35.6958, Longitude: -120.6938
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of California's counties, including San Luis Obispo, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Wellsona), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|